Tecumseh motor question.

I have a Bonanza BC-1300 basket case that I need a motor for. I am going to restore it to close to original, not a show bike, but one me and my grandsons can have fun with. Ideally I want a HS40 because I plan to have lights on it, but I've not had any luck finding one. I'm considering this one on ebay and want to know what are the pros and cons with it? Is this a good motor for a mini bike or should I keep looking? I would appreciate any advice.

5hp Tecumseh Engine w/Alternator could fit Mini Bike - (eBay item 140179004089 end time Nov-23-07 07:03:59 PST)

jeep4me

That's alot of $$$ for a motor, although, it does have the generator which is really nice. I like Tecumseh motors and this one would make a good one for your mini. If you don't really need the lites I would say you could find one alot cheaper and just as good, but it will most likely be a used one. I have an HS40 that I am looking to sell. It is older but it runs really good, it came off from a rototiller. I'll be painting it in the next couple of days so if you are interested let me know.

That ebay listing is from small engine warehouse...

They usually stock almost 30,000 engines, and probably have a model closer to your needs...

They regularly offer specials with free shipping, which saves significant money...

Here's a link to their homepage...when you check the engine listings, click on 'show photos' and you can see what each model looks like...

Small Engine Warehouse--Engine - Generator - Pressure Washer

The Tecumseh PowerSport line of engines is made specifically for minibike and go kart use...

That ebay model was a SnowKing, made for snowthrower use, and requires throttle modification for minibike use, which may void the factory warranty...

Thanks for the quick replys. Jeep4me I'm interested in your HS40, let me know your price and send a picture. I'm just looking at options right now and have no problem going with a used motor if I can find a good one. I have some B&S motors I could use on it but they just don't look original on it. Yellowhand I have studied the SEW web site and the one in the ebay link is the closest to my needs that they have. I know its alot of money but sometimes that's the way it is. That power sport 6hp is a good deal and I know it would be good dependable power but I want a flat head in this bike. I want it to look just like or close to original, like in the magazine ads I used to drool over when I was a kid.

Jon, the little alternator coil that is on that ebay engine is not sufficient to run lights. Some sellers dont care how they describe their goods, they are only interested in making a sale and dont care if your happy or not in the end.
You will not be happy with your light operation once getting the bike together.