tecumseh not idling

banjo

Can you show a pic. of your throttle set up ? do you mean your green wire fell off the coil

Last edited:

banjo

The green now goes to the bikes kill switch. I haven't messed with the newer tecs. but you may need to adjust the butterfly low idle on carb up a bit?

banjo

hope it helps. I failed to look at the pics. on your #1 post my bad :laugh: I'm guessing this motor is new to the bike?

Yeah, the bike originally had a old white Briggs 5hp engine on it...the.cost to repair it was a brand new.engine. so now I use this tecumseh, and without.any.throttle I'm doing 30mph so it MOVES. ** ALSO, your advice was 100% right, I got it idling smoothly now jus gotta figure out.the.kill switch and how to make a chain tensioner :shrug:

also check to see if that wire is not cut anywhere letting it short itself out on anything, thats after you have checked the carb setup and all, also its important to check the little bitty hole on the carb and make sure its not clogged, and the easy way to tell if thats happening is the carb will flood out of the intakes i hope this helps if not we will keep digging...