Tecumseh OHV 5hp question?

I am looking for a performance air filter for the above motor, if any one could tell me a good one to get, or point me in the direction of one that fits it would be greatly appreciated. This is the one I've been looking at Air Filter - 42mm / Cone - Blue but it doesn't seem like it will fit. I can buy an adapter if they are available but I would like to spend under $45. I cannot include a picture of my carburetorbecause I am posting from my phone. Thanks in advance! :scooter:

If you are changing stuff around on the way the engine breathes and farts, the FIRST thing you're gonna want or HAVE to do is replace the carburetor with a bettrer one, OR you will at least most likely have to change the carburetors jetting, and buy larger jets for it..

The air filter on these motors is a big boxy plastic thing, BUT if you unbolt that one, any other standard Tecumseh or even the ole Clinton and Kohler engines, all pretty well use the same bolt pattern..

If it came right down to it, you could get a one inch long piece of 3 inch solid BAR stock, whatever size fits the air filter... Then drill a big hole in the center for air, and two smaller holes on the side to screw it tight to carb with..

OR you could get a snowblower air filter adapter, which is just a piece of steel banding, bent into a u shape, that bolts to the carb.. THEN there is a big long stud that screws into it.... You just screw your larger filter on with the stud through the end of the filter, then a wing nut on the back to pull the filter tight to the carb...