Tecumseh power sport 6hp throttle hookup help

Trying to help a friend with hooking up the throttle on his go cart. The throttle stays wide open and doesn't go to idle when it's started. It's hooked up on the side and doesn't pull the throttle, it just slides on the spring shown in the pic.

I've searched this site as well as others without much luck. Any help or pics would be helpful. Thanks.

will the carburetor sit there AT idle, when it's NOT RUNNING... But then when it starts, it goes WIDE OPEN by itself? :confused: I mean you can SEE the carb is at idle, until ya start it, and it cranks itself open?? :blink:

Someone might have the linkage rod hooked into the wrong hole on the throttle shaft..

will the carburetor sit there AT idle, when it's NOT RUNNING... But then when it starts, it goes WIDE OPEN by itself? :confused: I mean you can SEE the carb is at idle, until ya start it, and it cranks itself open?? :blink:

Someone might have the linkage rod hooked into the wrong hole on the throttle shaft..
It's only at idle cause I removed the "S" shaped connector to the governor arm ( I think). With it hooked up it stays w/o and has no affect when the gas is pressed.

I have a new powersport on the shelf in my shop , send me a pm and will give you my cell number text it and i can send you pics of carb and govenor linkage

MikeBear

Here, this page has multiple links, that shows everything for the Powersport linkages:

6 hp tecumseh throttle linkage

Please click the following links for pictures on how the throttle linkage should sit on the back side of the engine on a ken bar go cart with a 6hp Tecumseh engine. If you have any problems installing these component, any lawn mower shop that services Tecumseh Engines can offer advice or help out on installation procedures. After installation is complete, always put the machines front end against a wall, tree, ect... on start up in case the linkage is not installed properly and the cart idles too high(causing it to take off by itself, if so hit the engine kill switch that is within reach). First i usually put the fish hook looking part through the top right hole, making sure the hook is facing the engine. Then i connect the bottom right hand linkage over the tab that is there. This leaves you with the spring loaded linkage part that runs back to the left of the go cart engine. Stretch it out and hook it through the #2 setting and clamp it securely by hand. Once more any lawn mower shop that services Tecumseh engines can help you out with these procedures. You can get a little quicker throttle pick up by bending the metal tab slightly to the right that the fish hook looking part goes through with a plier. Be Carefull! Installation is not that hard if the installer looks at the pictures provided on this page. Start machine pointed at an unmovable object on start up.
Pics below: