tecumseh powersport 3.0

i got this yeterday on a complete mini. it runs good but only when the choke is fully on????:shrug::confused::confused: what can this mean do i need new gaskets somewere if so were can i orfer them what else could be wrong??

Tecumseh has a great web site for carbs. It goes step by step through the process. It helped me great. Sorry I don't know how to post URL. Google your carburator and it should show up.

ok i cleaned the enitre carb took it all the way apart put the whole thing back together all gaskets seemed in good condition. started it up doing the same exact thing?? im stumped on what this could be

Its not getting enough gas. Check your tank and fuel line or filter for blockage. When you choke it you are raising the ratio of air to gas making it richer. If that's the only way it runs then in the non-choke position you are not getting enough gas in the air fuel mix. Also check your manifold connections. Normally if they are sucking air you will get an idle that goes up and down but it's worth checking.

sounds like one of them stupid things that ya never think about . try a different spark plug , ya ya i know what does the plug have to do with anything . just try it have had some wierd stuff happen over a bad plug ,check spark is it good and strong .it still does it? well get it started and grab the carb spray and shoot some around the gaskets from the intake on the head to the carb . ya dont need to soak it just get some around the gaskets . does it improve ? yes then there is your bad seal . no? well then back to the carb do the throttle/choke shafts fit good and tight ? there should be no side to side movement in them if so there is a problem , it will suck air in and mess up running . if there tight then well only a few things left to try , take and turn the motor over by hand . removing the recoil makes this easier . get to the compression stroke and listen do you hear any air coming out of the ports ? compression seem good and no escaping air . then well only thing really left the carb is 1 junk or 2 you did not get all the crap out of a port or passage some place in it .
i know its kinda a strange list , but i have had carb problems that were in the coil and coil problems in the carb . and some times is just crappy compression . my tec hs40 acted up bad and got to where it would not run for nothing, carb ? nope spark? nope timing ? bad fuel ? afraid not the exhaust valve went out of spec had me pulling that dam rope for hours and hours .:doah:

i tried all of that still didnt work what are my options for carbs were is a good site to get another carb? thanks need some help here are some pics of carb. the engine is a h30.

so no luck :shrug: that sucks . where to get carbs well theres ebay ,
or part number Tecumseh 632208 / 632589 / 632615 on here Tecumseh Carburetors its half way down the page . i have some old adjustable tec carbs not sure if i have the same throttle shaft as you do tho .not to hard to swap over tho . there in good shape all cleaned up , would need like a $6 gasket kit . if you want i can look and see what i have one hand and post a pic .

ok im interested in that i would rather have a carb that i could adjust i think it would be better cause if it needs more gas i could let it have more gas. thanks alot metalman. what would you be askin for the carb??