Tecumseh Troubles

jrzmac

Yea I understand im kinda pushing my limit with a few bolt on's. I just want a little more pep. I mean it tops out were it tops out and without adjusting the sprockets it aint gonna go any faster! I have often thought about changing them around. I do like that Jack shaft Idea. I wonder if anyone on here has used it and could provide feedback. I wish my dad had opted for the 6er with the converter on it when he bought! He said it scared him cause when he punched it it hung the front wheel! We were too young for that kinda power. I was maybe 10 0r 11 back then with my brother being younger then that! Now its just too slow for me hahaha

joshua. c.

have you checked to be shure the throttle butterfly in the carb opens fully? none of mine did, they only opend 3/4ths of the way. getting them to open fully gave me alot more pep. also filing doun the butterfly shaft and the tip of the screw (on that side only) helps a bit. but dont go to thin. if you do this mod, make shure you clean out every last dust particle. you dont want that stuff to get into your engine.