tecumseh upgrades

yea, just joined this website just today:smile:

anyways, i have a 6.5hp tecumseh, on my lil indian.

looking to get a bit more power out of it. so far i have a header which came from rupp parts, as a matter of fact that just came today i am very happy with it, and i also have a k&n style air filter.

so if anyone knows where to get some parts or some quick little mods, please let me know, thank you.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
It's best to change the factory carb if you want more power. The carb, and pipe are the best upgrades over the stock motor. Unless you still haven't removed the factory governor setup?

Hey Minibikesforlife

Just like MDB said remove the governor! Get an adjustable carb from ruppparts. But i noticed on my buddys 6.5 Tecumseh it gets valve float at high rpms. So get a mild cam and stiffer springs. That will get you hauling!

Josh

Hey MB4L

No, but that would be a cool carb to put on it. Thats a Dellorto. Its more of a performance carb. It would be allot more expensive for that setup. Give Brandt an email and ask what he has. Im sure he will have something good for you. Brandt is a good guy, he has helped me a bunch. He might even have a cam and springs for you.

Josh