The OX

KB2ROCKET

Because I never know what my projects will turn into in the end I will start by building a GX 390 and go from there this will be a from scratch build

KB2ROCKET

Today's progress I have built up the engine closest to you today I have an ARC billetproof flywheel but opted not to use it because I need this engine to have a pull start for out in the woods reliability however it will have an aftermarket cam a ARC aluminum rod a forged flat top piston and a Clements ported head and Roller rockers and I think the carb is a performance version of the stock carb I'm not sure it's been a very long time since I bought it

KB2ROCKET

Here is today's work I still need to go through the carb. And find some blower housing bolts then if it runs ok the next phase will be to fab up a Tav 30 style torque converter using a much larger Duster 94 c snowmobile system

KB2ROCKET

here is the monster sized clutch system I will be using it looks like I will have to tip the engine forward a little to run the jackshaft under the cylinder and keep the belt clear of the exhaust

KB2ROCKET

Tonight I cobbled up this run stand then I poured a little gas in the carb. And the engine came to life for a few seconds and shut down I will rig some type of fuel tank to it this weekend for a real test run

KB2ROCKET

Have I ever mentioned how much I dis like making things that that are tools for the project but not actually the project it's self? :censure: I just need a fuel line and a couple clamps and I can test this thing

KB2ROCKET

man oh man is this thing loud but I am not pleased with it it idles ok but doesn't want to Rev it's a lot of work but I am going to swap all of the parts on this engine to a different block and I am going to try a different carburetor the good news is I won't be posting for a while .
:laugh: .... ..I just tore down both my 390's to nothing but spare parts and discovered that my clone motor also had a performance cam so now I have junk o plenty and my progress is back to where it was in the beginning ha ha ha stay tuned mini fans ......tonight's last update I built up a new shortblock using a stock piston it has a much better fit than that fancy forged flat top that doesn't fit either block very nicely then I yanked out the low oil shutoff switch and the governor and the balance shaft and added a performance cam and a ARC billet rod now I need to order a Mikuni carb a copper head gasket and top it off with a Mike Clements ported head and Roller rockers and I will try another run

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

The whole idea of this project is to make a rokon style minibike 2 wheel drive but more powerful able to climb bigger hills and mountains and rocks and logs. I am toying with the idea of making rotating tracks under the engine so if it ever gets high sided on a rock or log it will push the frame along until the front or rear tire can regain tracton .well that's the dream anyway

KB2ROCKET

Rokon uses a torque converter then a 3 speed transmission and two 90 degree gear boxes a U joint and no rear wheel suspension

I believe that I can make a 2 wheel drive front and rear fully suspended system that uses a torque converter and a U joint

the Idea is to make it simple strong and dependable stay tuned :thumbsup:

trinik7597

The slave balancer will make it hard to spin high rpms ... But so will the unbalanced crank ... These motors are torque monsters and will never live at high rpms like a small block because they don't need to

KB2ROCKET

I can't use the arc flywheel because the big knarley bolts on the adjustable center hub interfere with the recoil cup I just discovered that Raceseng's billet flywheel will accept the recoil starter but they don't make them any more so I need to find a good used one

Last edited: