The thunderdrome! 2013 - we want you!

Hey fellas:

Thunderdrome! is back in Detroit and bigger than ever. We've gone to a two-day event format. We're racing on September 21st and 22nd.

If you're unfamiliar with The Thunderdrome, here's a short history lesson: The Thunderdrome! was launched in 2010 as a community effort to restore the abandoned 33-acre Dorais Velodrome and Park in Detroit through a series of fundraiser races. It started as a small race with just 60 racers and about 400 spectators. It quickly grew into absolute monster of an event with over 120+ racers and 1,850+ ticketed spectators. Despite this explosion of awesome, our mission is still true: To fix up the Dorais Velodrome and Park, and to promote racing and participation in the Detroit area.

All proceeds from the event go back into getting the materials we need so our volunteers can keep fixing up the velodrome and park weekly. Proceeds also go towards Camp Casey, a nonprofit horseback riding program for children with cancer.

We're still looking for racers and spectators. You can get tickets and details www.thunderdrome.com -- you can also email me directly if you have any questions at hello@thunderdrome.com.

Thanks everyone

Mean Dean

It is a little late in adding the mini bikes last minute. If I had more advance notice other than today I would've brought some bikes. Made plans for this weekend .

vwfan79

Minidrome is where its at, why give Andy money that is supposed to go back into the track but doesn't. He claims it will be used for track up keep but those of us who ride there on the weekends do that, never once seen him there doing track maintenance. Minidrome all the way, a bunch of good minibike people just out having a good time and doing what we love, and its not $42 to ride at a free city park.