This is a Taco made by Taco Manufacturing....

That's what the guy told me as he brought it out of his (apparently roach infested) garage. I kindly agreed and loaded it up in the car and off I went. It's not often (ok, NEVER) that I see one pop up here in San Antonio, so I'm happy with my find. It had been a while since anything worth buying really has popped up. I got two engines with the $75 pricetag on this pkg deal. However, they are both 5/8 shaft and will not be of any use to me. :doah:

The guy claimed to have had it since he was 13yrs old. He looked well over 50, but it could of been the meth mouth adding years. :scared:

Oh well, I'm happy to finally own a Ruttman:thumbsup:

Just discovered this gem of a kickstand. Did Ruttmans have the kickstand mounted underneath the engine plate like this on is?

Also, this is the only bad spot on the bike. It's the right fork. What would you all do to remedy this? Cut/replace problem section with same dia. tubing/weld and smooth? I've seen some excellent work done by Ogy in this respect and wonder if that's the best way to go.

The kickstand is right ... Just have to cut off the add on ..They lean way over ... Fork tube :shrug::doah: ... Trying to tell if it's a 4" bike or not ... Both front and rear fender mounts are cut off ... Hmmm ... You have some work ahead of ya bro but I do like it :thumbsup:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Nice lead in story! a 50 year old with Meth mouth?! That's really sad!!! Oh wait! he looked 50....That's really sad!

Yeah I felt really bad for the guy. I'm sure he was gonna use the $75 to go buy something illegal. :no: He had a crazy looking trike he built that he was trying to unload on me as well. He called the front-end a Honda Honeybee? and then he had welded a gokart rear end to it with some silly square bed on the top of it all, like a workhorse or something. Underneath was a nice looking orange 3.0 Tecumseh with a very new looking Comet TC attached. The engine was a later model Tec. I always cringe at buying engines without an air filter though :doah: So I passed even though he didn't want much for the set up. Maybe I'll go back, maybe not. :shrug: