Tri Rod?

Cuda54

I bought a 3 wheeler from a guy that did not know what it was. It had a big flake dark blue fiberglass body on it no motor but it had the comet clutch driver for the 3/4" belt. It had 2 shocks on each side in the rear it has a differential with big rubber flex axle connectors instead of a universal joint. It has the big turf tire on the back and a smaller narrow front tire and I got a ski with it too. I am mounting a 10HP electric start Tecumseh engine on it. From the pictures I have seen on here it looks like a tri rod. But I am not sure that is what it is but it might be. Your feet rest in the front of the body and it has chrome high handle bars. We are just replacing a bad button in the secondary. How many tri rods did they make? I will have to see if I can get some pictures of it and post them. I do not know how many posts you need before you can add pictures. Anyone know what it is from the axle connecters? I would like to positively ID this if I could. Thanks!

Cuda54

That looks like mine but the seat does not have the two in the back up on the top it just has the bottom 4. Does your have the double shock in the rear and the big rubber flex connecters? And I have a chrome roll bar on mine too. And I think my bar are straight it looks like your have a slight bend half way up. And mine has snaps around where a seat pad was mounted on it.

The bars are not original. This does not have the rear suspension or axle you speak of. If yours has the same body style then you may have their street legal model. Does yours have a Vin number on the neck?

Cuda54

No it is not the Tri Sport my cousin had one and it was a lot of fun too. I will have to look see if it has a number on the neck.

Cuda54

Well I did not find any numbers on the neck or anywhere not even a tag to what it is. What size motors were on the Tri Rods? And how many different models did they make?