True barn find Go karts ID

Just picked up these two go karts. Actually had to dig them out of a barn. The people said that I could have them for free but since they just lost part of their barn roof from high winds I offered them $ 50.00 which they gladly took. I don't know if they are home made or manufactured. Thought I would see if anyone on here recognizes them.
Thanks in advance.

Just found out that the twin engine kart frame is around a 1960 Simplex Challenger Mark II. Now I know. Isn't the internet Great!

Harquebus

Nice finds.

Those Briggs carburetors have interesting air filter adapters on them--leads me to believe the previous owners were semi-serious about their karting...

The Simplex is cool. Looks like you got the seat pads for a pattern. Saw one on You Tube with a couple of Clinton two strokes. Dead axle kart, not real competitive with the current vintage racing kart racers, but still a very cool piece in what looks like good condition.

I'd restore that in a heart beat, with a pair of two stroke Clintons or West Bends.

Briggs motors look like tired Raptors. The carbs are anyway. Might be some value in them if so.

Hey Dave, after you made the comment about the engines might be Raptors I went out to the shop and dug them out. One engine is painted a metallic color. I found it's matching fan shroud and it has a decal on it that say's Butler-Built Racers out of New Jersey, Go-karts and 1/4 midgets. I wonder if anyone out there has heard of them. Well I guess now I will tear down the engines and see how they were built. Thanks for the keen eye. Now I have another mystery to look into.