Tucson, AZ - Lost Boys 2010 Race Schedule

SpyGuy

Hey, guys -

I know there are a bunch of you that live in Arizona, so I thought I'd post this up, see if anyone was interested.

I belong to a small group down here in Tucson called the Lost Boys. Our group's main goal is taking fatherless kids and helping them learn life lessons through (sorry, bad word coming up) pocketbike racing. We want to help keep kids off the streets and out of trouble, while at the same time letting them learn new things: how to work as a team, how to use basic hand tools, how to work on small engines .... all valuable skills that could be used later on in life. Not just for the kids, the adults get to ride, too!

During our last few events, we've had as many as twenty pb riders, both youths and adults. At our last event, we had a number of supermotos on the track, and five guys who were riding and racing their motorized bicycles. There were even a few people who rented out go-karts, and were cruising around a separate section of the track.

What we're looking to do is expand our event further. The main events have been held at the Musselman P-1 Kart Circuit in Tucson, just off Houghton Rd. I've been talking with the director of the event, and mentioned vintage scooters and minibikes as other options. He seemed quite interested in adding another class for racing, so I thought I'd give it a try here and see if any of you guys wanted to come down and hang out with us for a while, see what we're about. (Unconfirmed as of yet: the GGR Scooter Club in Tucson may also be making an appearance.)

Our next scheduled race is on Feb 13th. If anyone is interested in coming out just to look, please do so - spectator admission is free. I know it's kinda short notice, and I'm not sure if we'd be able to add the minibike class in time for this upcoming race, but would anyone be interested in joining us for next month? The track has 13 turns and a 740-ft. front straightaway, so plenty of room for dragging!

Here is the link to the Lost Boys site, and the schedule:
lostboysminimoto.org USMGP-SWMRS
And the Musselman website, so you can check out the track:
P1 Kart Circuit - Home

(For those of you thinking about coming down and looking for me, I'm going to be somewhere in the pit area, with The Re-Cycle on display by my truck, but I'll be back and forth between the pits and the spectator area. I may have my rat pb along with me, too, just for fun.)

post some vids of your next race and let us know if old school mini's can race.its too far for amaybe for me but if you az. guys get it going i would make a race or two...a couple more sfv guys would probably take the road trip aswell

SpyGuy

Dave, if you check out the Lost Boys page, there's some videos there of past races. Just click on the link on the left side.

I'm working on Brian (the director of the event) to see if we can add the mini's class. I'm pretty sure he'll go for it, but I won't say that for absolute certain. (Me, I think it'd be kinda cool seeing all the old mini's out there on the track, tearing it up .....) As soon as I find out for sure, I'll post it here, okay?

SpyGuy

Just to confirm: the boys from the GGR Scooter Club WILL be making an appearance at the track. Rumor has it that they may have a race scooter or two in the making for the next event in March .....

SpyGuy

Bump.

Next event in four days at Musselman P-1 Kart Circuit. 9am-5pm-ish.

Next race April 24th, 2010.

Looking to add a minibike class to the event - if interested, please send me a pm here. (Come on, guys, i know a few of you are from Arizona!)

SpyGuy

Event was a success - twenty pb riders, seven super-moto riders, several go-karts, a pair of shifter karts, and a pair of racing quads. looking to add more classes and riders to the next event.