unique Kohler bike

Saw this baby on craigslist, knew I had to have it, plus it was cheap! Only bad thing is the points on it, otherwise she's all there.

Can anyone identify it for me? The guy said his father bought it brand new in 1964.

markus

the frame itself appears to be a Rupp, as well as the wheels, and could be around a '64, Lotta stuff going on so its hard to see in the pics the frame itself.

Forks, dunno, Seat was a popular one used by companies like effenel and powerdyne, They are cool :thumbsup:

That's a Rupp with the wrong engine, wrong forks, wrong seat and training wheels added. :doah: I've been watching that one on craigslist for awhile.

Last edited:

markus

the frame itself appears to be a Rupp, as well as the wheels, and could be around a '64, Lotta stuff going on so its hard to see in the pics the frame itself.

Forks, dunno, Seat was a popular one used by companies like effenel and powerdyne, They are cool :thumbsup:

Just dawned on my what the forks and handlebars are, BONANZA! Like on my MX:

Oh and I put my glasses on, the frame I believe to be a 1969 Rupp digger or sprint. Double engine plates make it a '69, rear shocks and front wheel with no brake point toward it being one of those originally :thumbsup:

Oh yes, here is a pic of the seat in action on a powerdyne I cut up and tossed, Bike was "stretched" but the seat is stock to the bike.

Kohler, if originally used on a "mini-bike" I guess would have been found on some sort of trail bike maybe?

you got great mix of parts out of that deal :thumbsup:

Last edited:
A guy here in michigan has been looking for one of those little Kohler K90's.. He needs one for a correct tractor resto.. Although they are great little engines.. It's DAMNED HEAVY for it's size due to being %85 cast iron.. You might very easily work out some kind of happy trade for the correct engine to your bike.. Runs just as great, but is 30 pounds lighter and is rite for the bike.. :shrug:

markus

I looks like they took the jackshaft out then.
Diggers and sprints did not come with a jackshaft, I know the bike I posted has one on it but its the best pic I could find on short notice. Tooth cound onthe rear sprocket can decifer which bike it was if its still original, but I really does not matter too much if your just gonna ride it as is, cause its a Heinz 57 right now :wink: