Unknown Rubber Washer

Anyone know where this goes, and what it's for? It came in a Tecumseh carb rebuild kit. I didn't notice one on my carb when I rebuilt it. It's 1/4" in diameter, 1/16" thick, with a 1/16" hole. Is this for the main needle? I still have the leaking main needle problem, even with a new o-ring.

Yeah it sounds like the main jet seal that goes under the brass washer where the main jet screws in.. You'd have to screw your needle all the way out, and make sure that the nut it screws into is all clean, then that rubber seal, brass washer, keeper spring.. then the needle screws in through all of that.... The rubber pinches down on your screw between the washer and jet and needle and seals it all off....

richs

if you replaced the little seat where the float pin goes and you dont have a drain on the bowl then its a extra it looks like the float bowl drain o ring seal

if you replaced the little seat where the float pin goes and you dont have a drain on the bowl then its a extra it looks like the float bowl drain o ring seal
:doah: Oh yeah, 1/4 inch in diameter huh? Yeah it probably is the needle seat for your float. Does it have one flat side and one with like a 1/64 ridge running around it?

I replaced the seat. It has to be the bowl drain gasket. I don't have a drain on mine. Thanks!:thumbsup:

If your float bowl has the drain underneath, that has a spring on it....it goes on that assembly, inside the bowl. If you don't have the drain on the bowl, you don't need it. Also, a lot of guys think that their jet is leaking when it's really coming from above and leaking down. Did you put the seat in correctly? Groove side in first. Scott.