Valve springs

I'm gonna order the SS valve kit with split keepers from OldMiniBikes warehouse. they come with 26# springs. I have dynos CM- grind cam that calls for 22# springs. Should I keep the 26# or replace them with the 22# ??? Its got 26 in it now with stock rockers and retainers. I'm trying to get 7500 rpm out of the little 196cc ducar.

Keep the 26lb springs. Do you have a way to measure seat pressure or installed height? The spring is rates at xxlbs at .xxx height. There are two types of keepers that can change the installed height a mid groove and high groove. But usually if you are just taking what you get it will be midgroove and the installed height will be around .850. The 26lb springs are approximately 26lbs seat pressure at .848. If your installed height is greater the spring pressure will be less.

Need more info as far as clutch or tav.
Its tav. I had it on mb165 w/7" driven, blue driver springs, zinc weights 9t/72t sprockets, 18.25" tire. It would spin to 6600. Now its on grandsons go kart w/ 6" driven, 15" tires, 9t/60t sprockets. It spins to 5400. I got blue and white driver springs, alum. weights ordered. Gotta get another 7" driven too. I know the stock size carb is limiting it, but I want it bullet proof before I go to a bigger carb.

Hey ole, I measured installed height on a stock 18cc clone head with stock springs and retainers, I have laying around. They were .860 on intake and .866 on exhaust. I'll measure the 14cc head, that's on motor now, when SS valve kit comes in. I hope its closer to .848, lol. Thx.

Is that with or with out valve stem seals? I have had motors that have had valve steam seals on both intake and exhaust. If you need you can modify the seals and use them as shims. I like to run the intake seal but use the exhaust just as a shim.

Is that with or with out valve stem seals? I have had motors that have had valve steam seals on both intake and exhaust. If you need you can modify the seals and use them as shims. I like to run the intake seal but use the exhaust just as a shim.
I think they both had seals. Its jus a head I pulled off a blowed motor. I might use it on a hemi build one of these days.