Vintage Kart Reunion (Adams)

Hounddog

Last weekend I attended the 8th Annual Riverside Vintage Kart Reunion @ Adams track. I saw many beautiful vintage karts and met some great people. There were numerous karts by Rupp, Bug, Margay, Fox, Go Kart, King Kart, and many many others....Here are some photos of the nice karts. I think the dual engine karts were hitting 80+- on the back straight...:thumbsup:

HD

I was out there too, it was great getting to watch them race. thanks for the pics hounddog i forgot my camera and was bummed.

Thanks Hounddog : I like them all but the Yellow Bug Stinger stands out . I remember when the started bringing out the sidewinders giving the drivers more room and then the front porch extensions and all the Nerf bars for foot protection. Lot's of different pipes and a great mix of the kart heritage.
Steve :scooter:

Hounddog

Fast karts

Yes the Yellow Bug Stinger won "The Tom Pierson Best Bug Of Show 2012". There was a Rupp Chapparal Sprint II that was really nice, the guy had a private mechanic and it hauled Axx. I think the fastest kart was was a Bug dual sidewinder with two radial head motors.(one of you know what it is)...That thing was really fast, it could spin the wheels at will...Great fun indeed...

JamnJM

I wish I knew of it I would of like to gone too.

I'm still kicking myself as a bought at a garage sale an orange left side off set chassis racing go kart with a mac on it for $50 and it laid around here for 5 years and then I gave it away....:doah:

Hounddog

Hey JamnJM,

I think we have all sold something we later regretted. On the upside you can always buy another nice kart or mini bike to replace what you have sold!:thumbsup:

HD

Hounddog

Sorry I did not get any race action. My son was not able to come along and he would have been able to get some footage. Oh yeah there was a couple of really fast girls there! I mean fast in their karts on the track! A couple of guys were discouraged when thay came back in the pits...All good fun...:thumbsup:

Mac

...I sell there every year on Friday's, but due to the rain making me postpone my
Minibike Yardsale I had to stay home and organize.

I bet there were a lot of guys walking around aimlessly
in the pits at 7am on Friday looking for my truckload.

....Next Year.

Hounddog

Yes Mac I was there on Friday. There was a couple of minibikes, but nothing to get excited about. Oh yes and Mac you were missed, people were even complaining at the ticket window and everything....:laugh: Sorry you missed it , lots of fun!

HD