vintage race kart

ok i dont know that it was really a "race" kart but thats the theme im going for. came in white with 5 inch tri-star rear wheels with slicks and two piece steel 4 inch slicks front. manco style pedals and a D shape steering wheel. ill post a before pic when i find it in my phone but here are some primer and paint pics. I love how this color came out. used little over 2 of the small duplicolor cans got for 59c each at OLLIES, its teal metallic clear. gives it that great vintage look and the metallic covers the rust pitting really well. I am going to shoot some clear over it next. should really pop even more then. its already looking beautiful. pics dont do it justice.

i cut the floor out it was wayyy too rusty to save. welded in some tabs to bolt in an aluminum panel. i "accidently" cut the fuel tank bracket off because i thought it wasnt original... till i saw another identical kart. obviously a tec tank mount so had a tec, so this H50 i got for a mere 6 dollars is going to get bolted on. im going to really have to clean up the motor to match this frame. will use the rustoleum grill paint on the motor because it gives a really great even finish. i need an air cleaner and exhaust too... cant decide whether to make a flange and weld up a straight "race" pipe or just go get some cast iron pieces and twist on a muffler. air cleaner i will probably try to rig something simple, exposed filter element right off the carb.

luckily this thing came with all the parts (except a brake band and rod) including a great condition original seat. i think i might have to replace the board under the seat bottom but the cover itself is great.

one of the tri-star halves (outer) has a somewhat large chunk of the edge of the rim missing. doesnt seem to cause any mechanical issues, tire not trying to escape... id like to replace it but for now i will probably flip the rims backwards to hide it on the inside

any comments, ideas, suggestions welcome!

thanks. i dont really plan on doing much karting with it honestly, i dont really have a place to ride this.. just want to get it back beautiful and find it a proper home!

altho i make them pretty enough that if they dont sell, i wont be too upset hahaha