VINTAGE Racing Go Karts

The kart with broken front axle is a Fox Kart, also, originally should have been drum or disc brake not band

QUOTE=BC DAVE;527446]That's a nice ride there "oldsledz"....:thumbsup:

It does have the look of a Rupp from the karts that I looked at yesterday.... It was sad to see this happen. A "A-BONE" went for a ride when the brakes failed.....

..... And ripped off the driver's side of the front end. the owner is now switching to disc brakes and blowing off the band brake that was correct for the kart :shrug:

i spent yesterday at the VKA event at the "BLUE MAX" go-kart track in Davis, Ca. :thumbsup: It was very cool.... I joined up....got some "T-Shirts" and I picked up some tires from "Vintage Speed" so my "RS2000" will have the CORRECT tires on it.....

"Slack Back Jack" had "GUS" repop these vintage Carlisle tires that were used back in the day on vintage karts.... They are sweet looking, and they are the CORRECT tires for many karts. The rears are 11x4.50-5 and the fronts are 11x3.50-5.... Both rears & fronts are matching:thumbsup: I bought the rears and "GUS" was out of the fronts and will have his next shippment comming in at the end of the month (June) if not sooner :shrug:

Speaking of "GUS" here's a link to his web site.....VINTAGE SPEED and here's a few pictures of his 1958 FLEX-O Go Kart "KIT" that he welded together back in the 60's and still has the kart to this day :thumbsup:....

BC1500 DAVE :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN VINTAGE KARTING IN THE MIDWEST they do have a club. Sorry I do not have any phone numbers ect., but you can find info. on the internet. I am from around St. Charles, IL.

the red percivail that's pictured in prior page that just sold on ebay for 300.00 was one of my old karts I traded a tornado TK5 for it few yrs ago .. I wanted it back pretty bad but I was out of town when bidding ended ..

it was kinda nice to see its still the way it was when I traded except wrong rear wheels ..

Can anyone help me identify these vintage kart frames?

I'm guessing that they are early to mid-60s. They appear to be made by the same manufacturer, but one is for running clockwise and the other is for going counterclockwise. They are mirror images of each other, with one having an engine mount on the left and the other on the right. Both are offset, and have wood gripped butterfly steering wheels.

The red one has Margay hubs and wheels, which were available over the counter, and the other has magnesium wheels with a Precision Wheel Inc. Grand Rapids, MI decal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
They made the Sidewinder, but none of the old photos that I can find show the chassis without the side mounted tanks on them, so it makes them pretty hard to identify.

Last edited:
Woody ., I have to look and make sure ..I think ..!!! there both red devil enduro karts

the black one has 5 spoke precision wheel,s red one has series 24 margay wheels ..

one is international fame other is American ..I think ..!!!

..would you consider posting them on vintagekarts.com them guys are good real good people ..

margay wheels used to bring 3oo.00 plus for set of 4 .. still get 200.00 for the whole set of wheels ill bet ..

if you decide to parts it out that is ..but I say ride the heck outa it and have fun ..

When I power washed them, this little quarter sized, forty-something year old, perfect foil decal came floating off of one of the magnesium wheels. It may be the coolest part of the whole deal!