Wagon progress:

Recently picked up this '64 Tempest wagon:

One owner, 326/auto, and runs great. Needs work on the quarter panels, and the front sheetmetal and grilles were beat. Old guy passed recently, and a guy I know bought it to flip, and knew I've been wanting a 4 or 5 wagon for years now.

Right away we dropped it a little in front, and threw on some rally wheels, wider tires, dual exhaust, rear brakes, and changed all the fluids.

Over the last 2 weekends, we swapped out all the front sheetmetal and grilles. While at it I detailed the engine compartment a little. Ended up painting the engine black to avoid an overspray nightmare when trying to go with the correct blue. Also added an internally regulated alternator, HEI dist, and M/T valve covers.

A rear bumper is on order from the Bumper Boyz, and in process of restoring the black CA. plates.

Next up is adding the P/S system I took off my convertible, single piston disc brakes I have stashed back, and installing the Airlift rear bags and compressor I have for it as well.

Helped to have a lot of parts for it before I even got it. :D

Trying to get it presentable looking for a spare car/driver type thing for the time being.

Hi Tom : I have only had one run-in with a Tempest it was a 1962 Yellow convertible that had only 35 miles on it. It's owner was coming home from Mike Salta Pontiac in Long Beach and he pulled out in front of me and I was doing 65 MPH in a Borg Ward Sedan well the little Tempest was a total loss.
Your car should be a nice sleeper with that 326 engine and the work is looking good and the brake improvements should really pay off.
Steve :scooter:

Did you see the 63 that sold on e-bay a few weeks back for $226,521. Turned out it was one of 6 factory race cars and was unaccounted for. Seems the factory built 6 rag tops and 6 wagons for racing and only.

I love your wagon! I've goat(intended comedy) a 64 Poncho wagon as well. Thing is mines a Safari Wagon. I never even considered that Pontiac produced two different full size wagons.I'll try and find pictures of mine. Currently she's a complete(minus the 389 that my stupid uncle stole for his GTO clone) barn dweller in East Texas waiting for the day when I've got somewhere to work on/store her.