WANTED : Yamaha Mini enduro JT1 Piston

I an looking for a .25 1st over piston for a jt1 /jt2 Yamaha mini enduro n anyone have or know where I may find one ?? all suggestions welcome thanks !!

maverick1

There is one on eBay but a little pricy. Yamaha is famous for putting the same part under different part numbers. I would get the piston size and try to match one up. Little time consuming but sometimes possible.

60cc, rotary valve. 42mm standard bore.

I looked on the web, and 1964 YJ1 and Yj2, MJ2 had the same bore. Some discrepancy on piston length, but another guy rebuilt his JT with a YJ piston. Many available on Ebay, including OS rings.

Be sure to get the right rings at the same time, as JT1 has different thickness than the others mentioned.

Internationally, the FS1/Fizzy is very popular and oversize kits are reasonable. Even an alloy top end set floating about.
I have some aftermarket rotary valves and could degree one if you're looking to hot it up a bit. My JT has an aluminum rotor, Bassani, ported rotory valve plate, bigger carb. I had some trick dual-plug heads but the Japanese collectors convinced me to $ell them.

https://www.treatland.tv/yamaha-FS1-fizzy-kit-p/yamaha-athena-fizzy-60cc-kit.htm

Oh, and I don't have rings, but do have NOS .25 and .50 pistons.
jt.jpg

Last edited: