Warrior w/ 21x7-8 pics

If anyone out there is running a 21x7-8 tires on there Baja Warrior/MB200/MB165/Mini Baja/Falcon, could you post a pic. I tried the search function but photobucket has screwed that up. Thanks in advance.

delray

thats a tall tire from the 19's. fenders might have to move little and it might not handle very well.....:shrug:
maybe someone can chim in on ....:shrug:

This will be for a sidecar rig. I want the biggest , bouncyest , softest tires I can put on it without modifying the frame. The last sidecar rig I built rode a little rough. Lesson learned. Just trying to find out how big I can go on a Warrior. I haven't found a bike yet so I can't do any measuring. Just wondering if anyone has them on there bike, and if they had any problems with fitment. Thanks for the input. PTDC0075.JPG

Draw a 21'' circle on a piece of cardboard and cut it out. See how it fits by eye. I can tell you the metal fenders follow the curve of the 19 inch tire and wont fit the 21's profile wise. The front fender is high enough that it will have plenty of clearance but the rear fender will most likely be a problem along with the frame upright that is just in front of the tire. You are increasing the OD of the tire by 1'' per side and there is not 1'' of clearance between the tire and the frame.

Doug

Hey Doug, I could do that, the only problem is all tire manufacturers seem to be different. Even though they say there tire is 21'' it may be a little more or a little less or it may be 8'' wide or it may be a little more or a little less. I was hoping someone has already done this and I could find out what brand actually fits or doesn't fit. I'm 61 yrs. old with a bad back and just want to get as much cushioning as possible without adding rear suspension. If I add rear suspension I should add suspension to the side car and I don't want to do that. I like basic and simple. Thanks for your input. Anyone with the name Doug must have good advice!.............................................. Signed Doug

Last edited:
I agree, front tire shouldn't be a problem. I will be redoing the rear fender mount because I don't like the way it fits the profile of the tire anyway.

I hear ya on the bad back. I am 60 and I have been there and lived through that.

My thoughts are that a tall shinny tire (like a Warrior uses) is not going to be as cushy as a tall fat tire (like a Super Bronc uses).

I think you would be miles ahead if you would just run a stock sized tire and build a suspension seat for the bike. Use a pair coilover type shocks designed for a seat and you would be miles ahead in ride quality verses trying to find a soft enough tire. I would think that a soft tire would make it feel wishy washy while you are riding.

[MENTION=21502]jdogg[/MENTION] built a suspension seat for his DB30 and says it rides good. Here is a link to a pic of his DB30. Maybe he can tell you where to get the shock assembly.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/2206/medium/DSC05023.JPG

Doug

Hey Doug, I used to own a Warrior and made the mistake of selling it. It was the most comfortable hardtail mini I ever rode. I figure since I'm not buying a new one chances are pretty good it will need new tires. Sooooo, I figured I'd buy the tallest & widest I could fit on it and that would be cushy enough. If its not I may put springs on the seat. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it.

I know its not the tire size you wanted to see. This is my warrior with 20x7-8 tires. If they were any larger it would probably cause a clearance issue when the back tire was all the way forward, and possibly a clearance issue with the rear fender if you decided not to modify it. The tires are much larger looking compared to the stock tires. Ive thrown them out though, so I cant do a side by side comparison for you. Hopefully this helps you some.
20170918_142327.jpg 20170918_142424.jpg 20170918_142451.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Bingus. Actually I think that IS the tire size I wanted to see. I think everyone that's been telling me 21'' might be to big is probably right. Can you tell me what brand that tire is? Do you like the way they ride and the way the bike handles? Was this tire wider than the 19'' (any chain clearance issues)? One more thing, if you ever lose your day job you might get a job as a photographer. GREAT PICS! Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Thanks Bingus. Actually I think that IS the tire size I wanted to see. I think everyone that's been telling me 21'' might be to big is probably right. Can you tell me what brand that tire is? Do you like the way they ride and the way the bike handles? Was this tire wider than the 19'' (any chain clearance issues)? One more thing, if you ever lose your day job you might get a job as a photographer. GREAT PICS! Thanks again, I appreciate it.
I may have made a mistake with the 21,but hey... might as well try. least I'll know what size to get for the other 2 when they need a tire. and I'm not above modifying my bike. wife and kids bikes I'll leave alone.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm still not sure you made a mistake yet. What ever you decide to do I sure would appreciate it if you would post a side view of your bike with the 21'' even if you have to adjust the axle all the way back. It might take a little creative engineering, but I think it can be done. Good luck.

I'm still not sure you made a mistake yet. What ever you decide to do I sure would appreciate it if you would post a side view of your bike with the 21'' even if you have to adjust the axle all the way back. It might take a little creative engineering, but I think it can be done. Good luck.
I'll get you plenty of pictures :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk