Warrior with tav

So this morning I was browsing my local Craigslist, and came across a really nice baja warrior. The owner claimed it only had 5 hours on it, but from my assessment, I think it has even less. It runs like a champ, and all it needed was a nev headlight bulb. It's a little slow for my taste, and I have another warrior with a predator hemi 212 and tav2. I was wondering if anyone has tried putting the parts from the torque converter onto the original stamp steel jack shaft backing plate. I figured that would be easier than cutting a big chunk out of the aluminum. Another question I have, is the angle of the cylinder on a clone different than on a predator?

Thanks for any input,
Ty

By the way, I beat the guy down to 350

Attachments

noseoil

You might be able to use some of the parts on the steel plate, but the belt isn't likely to fit for the spacing & not sure about the diameter of the jackshaft & length.

I would just do a TAV2 conversion & figure it's good. It's an easy swap, biggest PITA is having to cut the backing plate to clear the frame. Not really a big deal, just takes a bit of time & elbow grease. Worth it for about the $60 a new TAV will cost & you'll have a good setup that way.

2SlickNick

I have swapped and used the stamped steel plate with a torque converter. Has the exact same distance center to center as a torque converter in a jack shaft.

I had to Order 5/8" keyed shaft and
Then do the
Spacing thing
To get everything to line up.

you do not have to cut the aluminum back plate on most of the Baja warriors. The last three that owned, I did not have to cut a thing I just bolted my converter right on.

The steel one comes in metric, the aluminum one comes with sae size shafts and sprockets.

noseoil

Nick, does the TAV rotate up enough to miss the frame & not hit the exhaust? I put mine lower, so had to trim the bottom part of the backing plate, the way I usually see them done. Wasn't sure of the diameter of the shaft in the bearings, so I just bought the TAV kit off of ebay to do the conversion.

Thanks for the help, I may try the original backing plate, but I will probably end up cutting the aluminum plate (on both of my other warriors I had to cut, so I am assuming that this one is the same). Either way I will buy the kit from ebay for $60 so I will also have the plate that comes with the TAV.