WBR775 6.5 hp mini bike jumpin

yeah ive HEARD they grenade but again no one ever has picks of anything ever happening. everyone's FRIEND has it happen to them. I WANT PICS PEOPLE! lol or it never happens! lol
i saw some pics of the aftermath of a mower flywheel letting go. it dented a support pole (one of those 2"x2" square ones) in the building/shed they were in and one piece had some jeans left on it. i guess the guy got pretty hurt when the piece hit his leg. that's proof enough for me.

i also saw my friend's HS50 put a chunk of the rod through the front of the block while he was riding it.

Why? other than saving weight.
less weight and you don't have to worry about it exploding on you.

they have one at Street to sand off road.
also C&C Automotive Specialties have a chassis dyno.
also there is a bike dyno at slp performance
ive been told there is a dyno at one of the diesel shops
Good to know. I knew C&C had one, but didn't know about street to sand, what kind of dyno is it? I actually owned the one that used to be at the diesel place but just sold it to a shop down in LA.

i saw some pics of the aftermath of a mower flywheel letting go. it dented a support pole (one of those 2"x2" square ones) in the building/shed they were in and one piece had some jeans left on it. i guess the guy got pretty hurt when the piece hit his leg. that's proof enough for me.

i also saw my friend's HS50 put a chunk of the rod through the front of the block while he was riding it.

less weight and you don't have to worry about it exploding on you.
Pictures or it never happened lol. and yeah a guy in our group had one blow out the front but that was a flat head 3.5 hp motor dont know brand but dont have pics of case but have pics of piston

Remind me again why the transmission was invented? That's right, to multiply usable torque beyond what the engine produces. Torque is multiplied through gearing, horsepower is not. Read this:
Horsepower vs torque

14.5 at the engine * 7.1:1 gearing= 103 pounds output. See? There was no mathematical wizardly involved here. PhD not required.

Want to see it again? My truck outputs 360ft/lbs at the crank. First gear is 2.7:1. The rear axle ratio is 3.73:1. 360*2.7*3.73 equals about 3700lbs of torque, or roughly double that if low range is engaged at the engine's peak torque of about 2600 RPM. This isn't difficult people. If you really wanted to get technical you could deduct losses through the transmission, rotating mass of the driveshaft, ect.

Sorry about your Nissan...it must suck to have a car that can't even put 100lbs to the ground. My streetbike (Yamaha Vmax) puts 113 to the ground at the rear tire, and that weighs 500lbs. It also does 60 in 2.9 seconds.
Do you need to push going up hills?

Anyway, try putting an even 1:1 gear ratio on your bike, and let me know how well it does going up a hill, if it even gets moving at all. That will tell you how far 8lbs of torque from a clone motor gets you.

Hell, how well does a stock doodlebug do with an adult on board? I can't imaging that 97cc putting out much more than 3-4lbs of torque, on a what, 6:1 ratio? 24lbs of torque being optimistic? That doesn't get your far, now does it?

Its pretty much the standard that when someone quotes a hp or torque number at the wheels, that the number is achieved with out a torque multiplier such as gear reduction or a torque converter. When we do pulls on a dyno its done in whatever gear is 1:1, or as close as possible.

So you can understand how when you say you have a mini that puts down 100 ft/lbs at the wheel, people have a pretty hard time believing that. Its also extremely common for a street car to have around 100ft/lbs of torque. Things are a little better now, but that was pretty standard a few years ago, especially on the higher revving 4 cylinders. Just like you said, thats the reason we have transmissions. If IC engines had enough torque to move a car without gear reduction we could do away with transmissions all together.

Remind me again why the transmission was invented? That's right, to multiply usable torque beyond what the engine produces. Torque is multiplied through gearing, horsepower is not. Read this:
Horsepower vs torque

14.5 at the engine * 7.1:1 gearing= 103 pounds output. See? There was no mathematical wizardly involved here. PhD not required.

Want to see it again? My truck outputs 360ft/lbs at the crank. First gear is 2.7:1. The rear axle ratio is 3.73:1. 360*2.7*3.73 equals about 3700lbs of torque, or roughly double that if low range is engaged at the engine's peak torque of about 2600 RPM. This isn't difficult people. If you really wanted to get technical you could deduct losses through the transmission, rotating mass of the driveshaft, ect.

Sorry about your Nissan...it must suck to have a car that can't even put 100lbs to the ground. My streetbike (Yamaha Vmax) puts 113 to the ground at the rear tire, and that weighs 500lbs. It also does 60 in 2.9 seconds.
Do you need to push going up hills?

Anyway, try putting an even 1:1 gear ratio on your bike, and let me know how well it does going up a hill, if it even gets moving at all. That will tell you how far 8lbs of torque from a clone motor gets you.

Hell, how well does a stock doodlebug do with an adult on board? I can't imaging that 97cc putting out much more than 3-4lbs of torque, on a what, 6:1 ratio? 24lbs of torque being optimistic? That doesn't get your far, now does it?
just stop posting you are making your self look stupid. just lurk around lol:thefinger:

So. WBR775. Any new vids?
not yet. wheelie boy just started walking around on the bad leg a couple days ago. he still is wheelying in his wheelchair. lol never learns. but we are trying to convince him to ride his mini bike with the big plastic boot on. lol ill get some pictures of what we have done lately to our bikes and of his wrecked bike

Hit me up when you guys go back out. I've got my 6.5 conversion up and running, and theres another guy here on the board thats building a DB with a 6.5 on it. He's over in spanish springs as well. He just built his motor with a bunch of goodies in it so it should go pretty good, plus he's a skinny little bastard :thefinger:

Hit me up when you guys go back out. I've got my 6.5 conversion up and running, and theres another guy here on the board thats building a DB with a 6.5 on it. He's over in spanish springs as well. He just built his motor with a bunch of goodies in it so it should go pretty good, plus he's a skinny little bastard :thefinger:
lol yeah idk but for some reason we do all of our riding in winter. but yeah ill pm you when we go out:thumbsup:

:asshole: :thefinger: Your just pissed because your gonna get smoked...but at least you will be able to stop haha

But yea should have mine up and running next week! So many good places to ride out here, can't wait to go cause some havoc :scooter: