What are these 2??

Hi, I have a chance to get these 2 minis and a vintage go kart for less than cheap........any idea on the brand or vintage? The seller thinks they may be Colemans from around 1970 based on him and his brother having them as kids but not sure..........I can't find any Colemans without front/rear suspension....the one with the high speed forks is a little smaller than the other one......any ideas?
Thanks, Mike

Attachments

Hello @Mikes440

The first one is a Sensation Mike Bike !
Mb-6a you'll notice the 3 spoke wheels say Ralston Nebraska, where Sensation's were made.

The Mike Bike was my first mini bike. Given to me by my Granddad in 1970.

The second one looks like an ARCO Alexander Reynolds .

Thank you for the input, I believe you nailed the Sensation!!........The other one is similar to an A-R, but the frame is different where the footpegs are (the footpeg tube was welded on after the fact).....I have an A-R to compare with it and it's close, but must be something else.......thanks again, Mike

Triley41395

Thank you for the input, I believe you nailed the Sensation!!........The other one is similar to an A-R, but the frame is different where the footpegs are (the footpeg tube was welded on after the fact).....I have an A-R to compare with it and it's close, but must be something else.......thanks again, Mike
Second one looks like a Ruttman to me.

Triley41395

Yeah it's a lil indian, looks like mine. The scrub brake was added where the caliper mount was. 20221104_161713.jpg

Yes,, possible, a couple differences from your lil Indian frame, in addition to the brake - footpeg position (probably moved and re-welded) and these forks have a plate on the front instead of being open between the triple trees.......but the shape of the frame tubing and the rear axle match your frame.

Triley41395

Yes,, possible, a couple differences from your lil Indian frame, in addition to the brake - footpeg position (probably moved and re-welded) and these forks have a plate on the front instead of being open between the triple trees.......but the shape of the frame tubing and the rear axle match your frame.
My frame is just older. Here's another members bike. Screenshot_20231231_161324_Chrome.jpg

Yes, I did see one like that also, and I found a pic of an older Century model with what appeared to be a factory scrub brake......so, who knows, it's 50+ years old, could be a concoction of different years, modifications, etc......thanks again, it's mine, now!

Triley41395

Yes, I did see one like that also, and I found a pic of an older Century model with what appeared to be a factory scrub brake......so, who knows, it's 50+ years old, could be a concoction of different years, modifications, etc......thanks again, it's mine, now!
I'd take that bike in a heartbeat. That is a nice one.

.....and now I see this old ad that shows a model 300 with the footpeg tube inside the frame, so maybe that's correct......I dunno....so I guess I have a Sensation, a lil Indian, and some generic 60's vintage go kart.......plenty of winter projects!! Happy New Year!! Mike
Screenshot_20230818_194947_Chrome.jpg

I see in some of the references to the Bozo mini bikes that they are sometimes found in NY.......makes sense, that's where this one is.......upstate NY........ok, so my "treasures" are a Sensation, a Bozo, a 60's go kart, and boxes of parts for these and other minis.........for example, the previous owner's dad sold a couple brands of mini bikes, one was Minico, so there are some NOS Trail Jet parts in the pile, I see a sprocket and jackshaft assembly........take care, thank you, and Happy New Year!!

That is a nice one.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
skysmotor.co.uk sells the following products online: closed loop stepper motor, pancake stepper motor, servo motors, planetary gearbox and can be purchased online if required.

Last edited: