what are you listening to v.2.0

Gatecrasher

Here's something totally-awesome that I bet a lot of you never heard. One of my favorite heavy acid bands of all-time. Often called the "Cream" of Danish rock, the supergroup "Young Flowers". You can see the resemblence to Cream except these guys were much heavier and spaced out.

Here's the original recording of their international hit from 1968 "Daybreak"

Here they are reunited in 2017 and they still have it!

Gatecrasher

Here are two gems from 1970 by Alex Chilton (the former lead signer for the Box Tops). Very few artists even attempt to record covers of early Rolling Stones originals because of the obvious. How do you improve upon a masterpiece?

Alex Chilton sure gave it a try with his rendition of "Jumpin Jack Flash" recorded in 1970. Nothing can ever best the Stones, especially when it comes to a Jagger-Richards original but Alex sure put his heavy psych stamp on it and it was awesome.

Here's another classic Alex Chilton cover released in 1970 as he puts his psychedelic spin on the Billboard #1 rock single from 1969. Awesome!

Augiedoggie

Here are two gems from 1970 by Alex Chilton (the former lead signer for the Box Tops). Very few artists even attempt to record covers of early Rolling Stones originals because of the obvious. How do you improve upon a masterpiece?

Alex Chilton sure gave it a try with his rendition of "Jumpin Jack Flash" recorded in 1970. Nothing can ever best the Stones, especially when it comes to a Jagger-Richards original but Alex sure put his heavy psych stamp on it and it was awesome.

Here's another classic Alex Chilton cover released in 1970 as he puts his psychedelic spin on the Billboard #1 rock single from 1969. Awesome!

Friggin awesome. I just enjoyed the shit out of that!
I enjoyed hearing that as much as those boys did when making it.
Thanks for sharing that rock treasure