What did I get?

Hi Guys! I was wondering what exactly I got a hold of here? I picked it up a few weeks ago and dusted it off enough to blast it around the neighborhood a few times before the snow falls and it goes to the basement "ManLab" for resto. So exactly what model or combination is this? May be hard to see from the pic , But Its got a little flat steel "Mni-fender" under the number plate. Thanks in advance for any help. Todd

Yip its a Rupp...I titled that pic. I'm just not sure what model..? Scrambler, Enduro, Roadster,etc....Maybe some RuppHead will pop in and know. Thanks, ToddThanks

I think it's most likely an Enduro since it has the number plate in front. Those seem to be the only Rupp's with them in that style of bike.

markus

I think it's most likely an Enduro since it has the number plate in front. Those seem to be the only Rupp's with them in that style of bike.

or scrambler, and the sprint too? (but sprints were 6" wheeled)

If it does not have front brakes and a 3.5 tec (if the motor is still original) its a scrambler

If it has front brakes and a 4 horse tec, then its an enduro.

For the most part though, when you get into rupps that have had everything painted and different engines on them, they could have been just about anything from that year, so if you want to restore it you pretty much have to start from scratch. So just pick the 1970 model you like best and build it to that bikes specs:smile:

I was thinking it was a scrambler maybe. I don.t see a horsepower rating on the Tec...but the PN# starts with "35" So I'm thinking that means 3 and a half? No front brake. Wheres the best place to get parts for this? I've called a few places but they never seem to be there. Maybe I should try email...I know a Rupp parts place prolly cant be a full time gig?

markus

blackwidowmotorsports.net and ruppparts are your best bet.

I have to say the both gave me no problems with orders and have really high quality resto parts for them.

I know that there has been some disappointment with brandt at rupp parts recently. I actually only ordered parts off of him through ebay, and I think added a part to the order or something like that, and the stuff was here within a few days.

Blackwidow, I ordered off the site and he was even faster and responded quickly to me as well.

other than that, ebay. It can get rough on there but thats where alot of stuff ends up. It took me a year but I was able to gather up nos fenders, chainguard, and other original chrome in really good shape for my scrambler I just finished.

tomsprops

These bike's are a Blast ! Great suspension,Great ground clearance,good brakes and a big guy can ride it ! Mine are Racers and are gauranteed to make you smile !