what do u think of this motor

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...ode=A&Product_Code=JDJF2001&Category_Code=ESB

im thinking of purchasing one of these motors instead of modifying a briggs ill be receiving.

have any of you tried this motor what should i expect out of it?

how many hp is it pushing?

what difference would a tilotson or mikuni make on this motor??

an with those mods what size jetts would i use on a mikuni??

How would this motor do with a Torque converter?

thanks in advance for the answers thanks.

MikeBear

affordablegokarts: Modified 6.5hp OHV Engine

im thinking of purchasing one of these motors instead of modifying a briggs ill be receiving.

have any of you tried this motor what should i expect out of it?

how many hp is it pushing?

what difference would a tilotson or mikuni make on this motor??

an with those mods what size jetts would i use on a mikuni??

How would this motor do with a Torque converter?

thanks in advance for the answers thanks.
This part of their listing should bother you: "All engines are sold as is. No warranties and no returns."

If you buy a $99 china clone, and build it yourself, you'll know what to expect. If it blows up, you'll know how to rebuild it, or build another one. You will learn plenty by doing it yourself, and there's enough info in postings here to tell you exactly what to do.

yeahh, i did that last time so i should prob just buy the 6.5 clone and get the parts and build it myself. sounds like a good idea. i guess ill do that again.

way too much money for what they have in the motor. NR sells that same motor for less than $400, minus the header. Go here and click off the same mods that you see on the AGK motor and you'll see what I'm talking about. Its under Package 1 - use the blue clone option as your base. You'll get about 9HP.
NR RACING

i dont have the motor or money yet im planning like a month ahead so i know what i have to pay and i can maybe save for it but anyway this is what

i was looking at all the nr packages

i was also looking at part by part

this is what i was going to order to start off this build

arc rod stock length inserts
billet Flywheel
.265 Modified Cam
Flat top piston
thats what im going to order so far

Now my guestions are.......

What should i do with the valves?

what should i do with the Carburator Stockcarb modded, mikuni i had bad luck with last motor or gx390 carb ?

how hard is it to build these engines last time i had it built by a engine builder. i wanna do it all my self this time thanks

Last edited:
it's not hard at all. i'm building my first one now. once you take the whole sucker apart down to bare case, you will see how easy it is to reassemble/disassemble going forward. i know that's a vague answer, but i'm a novice at this, and i'm confident that my build will go smoothly and turn out to be a monster of a motor for a starter build. just gotta get the right input on what parts to order from the guys here on OldMiniBikes. thanks OldMiniBikes guys:thumbsup:

i build goped engines like nothing im just scared because of the cam and valves and setting everything up correctly im going to try it and hopefully do well with it.

and good luck with ur first build mmisterbungl!!:thumbsup:

A trip through Princess Auto ( kind of like Harbor frieght ) turned up 3 different kinds of clone last night. Some Ducar 208's, Lifan196cc GX200's and this odd yet to be fully understood 210 cc clone. The last one is probably the most interesting because this is the firt clone I see using some sort of injection dye cast method and the quality of the block and case cover would apear to finaly match a Honda.
Of course the Ducar and Lifan still aopear to be sand cast and thats not bad just a bit weak....

So where am I leading with this?

Slap a 14cc head on one of those over bores and you can expect an easy 10.5 to 1 compression. I undertsand Parsons racing has some bolt on CDI kits a lot like the PLV ignition. Headers, air filters and assorted jets and goodies can be found just about any place.....

As the clones get bigger bores you have more torque and power right out of the box, and its easy to see the advantage for a simple build lies with one of these motor. For the time and effort I think I could make 10 hp out of a 208 with no internal changes and governerd. Now since you mentioned you want to use a TAV you have a HP cap to consider. The TAV was never intended to handle more than 8hp or turn as fast 6500 rpm so the real advantage to you now would be to build or buy something take makes power and torque lower down the rpm band.

The only way to do this is with diplacement, compression and the correct combination of carb cam and header for low rpm performance. You guys are looking at karting kits that move the power band up.....