What model frame & year is it...??? Ruttman..???

Can any one I.D this frame...? Has Ruttman stye rear Washer for axel mount... And Ruttman style front end...? But a single front frame down tube with fixed foot rest...
Been sitting in the corner since 2009 when i got it off craigs list. Just never knew what it was...
Thank you.

Attachments

markus

It is the first version Ruttman, They called them chetah's. They are from 1967 and then they changed to the double tubes by 1968 It seems. I always wanted one (building a 1967 H35 right now even :cool:) I dont know if Ruttman bought the design form someone else or was doing them for someone at first or what the deal was but he was using them to advertise his kart/minibike/slotcar shop at events etc.. in that timframe.

I found this in an old drag racing book and It was quoted as being Troy Ruttman himself in the ape suit during an event

cheetahruttman (2).JPG
Looks like no fender straps at all so if there are not remains of any it was for sure a G.T. 140 as the only difference in the literature is fenders between the G.T. 140 and 240 bikes.....although I would think the straps would have been on both models

Markus..... That was supa fast to i.d . It amazes me how many minibikes there were when you think you know it all..... The only reason i felt it had connection to ruttman was due to over all appearance.... This frame came from the east coast.

This appears to be the original paint , Flat brown....???

Thank you for you knowledge............ I had been so used to just not knowing what it was..... Feels odd now knowing what it is...lol..hahah

Im to afraid now to post another " WHAT IS IT " Every one is so good at it...!!! I was like , ill post this is see if it stumps them...???

I also have the ruttman " CHROME " edition that you could only buy as a kit and it has a 5h.p on it and it was the same except for the front down tube and foot rests that threw me off......
I also have serial number 1 ruttman stamped on the engine plate. It was on evil bay in 2006 again east coast and is an un restored also.

Not sure what model this ruttman is Markus..?? But it came from the east coast in 2006. Off of evil bay. I paid $600 in 2006 and that was a heck of alot of money back then for a minibike.

I got it because i liked the kolor " Purple" " and i had a 1969 dodge supa bee at the time and my girlfriend had a 1968 Dodge suapa bee ....
It was not until i wiped off the base plate and cleaned the mini , I saw it had a serial number. And is number 1.

I raced this minibike at the Barona Drag strip SAN DIEGO and crashed in front of every one to there amusement " While intoxicated " I used my left hand to pull on the throttle underneath me and it got a BOOST ..... Resulting me pulling the left side and and going over the front... I could not walk the next day and i had gravel rash from my face to my toe...... And i oozed nothing but plasma.... Tho i some how rode it the next day in pain and beat a 1950 flat head FORD on the 8th of a mile..... The left bar tube still bears the grind marks..... lol hahahah

Attachments