What the Heck is it?

vette66_00

Ok I bought this from a member here. Parts of it look factory and others look added. Its really little.

Tell me what you think.

Maybe I will have a vintage bike to post. LMAO

I would say that is someones attempt to build a bike from the Tom Thumb plans. They may not have had the equipment to make the tight bends so they modified the design some. Still cool though :thumbsup:

Looks like whoever built it used a 50cc 2 stroke of some kind. The mounting plate looks to be right size and could have been bolted between the engine and the trans? Just a guess. It's still cool looking, :thumbsup: if nothing else it would make a nice wall art/conversation piece.

vette66_00

Looks like whoever built it used a 50cc 2 stroke of some kind. The mounting plate looks to be right size and could have been bolted between the engine and the trans? Just a guess. It's still cool looking, :thumbsup: if nothing else it would make a nice wall art/conversation piece.
I bought it for wall art. Just thought it would be cool to drive it around in the pits at our next race. LOL

I put a PB motor in the frame to see. First off it would need a outboard clutch. A 3.5 block would be perfect but its way to tall, also the mini is set up for #35 chain which makes me think it was not 50cc based. Who knows at this point. The frame is really well built I can stand on it (250 lbs) and no give in the frame.

A little more of size perspective...

Edwin's pics

Last edited:
:eek:Wow, that ting is a lot smaller than it looked in the first set of pics! :shrug: Maybe an old chainsaw engine? What ever they used it was small. It does look to be well built.

opps where the engine sits its 6 3/4" lol it's small like a Tom Thumb. The more I think about it I think Im going to but the 5hp (lol real Blata with aftermarket parts) PB motor in it. Weld on a #35 sprocket and limit the rpms so it doesn't kill somebody.

Last edited:
Definetly a tom thumb, the ones I have seen all had a small 2 stroke of one kind or another! The one I had was built with smaller tubing and more round bends and had a Mcculoch engine, never got it going as I bought it for $75 and a guy offered me $200 so I had no problem letting it go!