what wards is this?

Couple more questions.
what kind of torque converter do I use?
How do I set up the brakes?
what dose the original front wheel look like?
where do I get the throttle and brake cables?
thanks.

Are you restoring or just riding?
If your riding I would....
30 series
Band brakes...one on each side of the differential
Looks similar to a Trailhorse 6"
Flanders sells the heavy duty longer cables...
Look at some of my different T555 albums if you have any questions.

Last edited:
At this point I just want to make it a rider. I don't know if I want to keep it. but I do want to ride it. The wheels won't hold air. I have a 5hp briggs I can put on it after I change out the rings. The front wheel is the wrong size. I need a driver for the torque converter. I would also live to put a more original foot rest back on it.

capguncowboy

At this point I just want to make it a rider. I don't know if I want to keep it. but I do want to ride it. The wheels won't hold air. I have a 5hp briggs I can put on it after I change out the rings. The front wheel is the wrong size. I need a driver for the torque converter. I would also live to put a more original foot rest back on it.
Ha -- it starts this way... then you start fabricating your own parts and finding NOS stuff - pretty soon, it's a full blown restoration :laugh: Get your wallet ready!

I had both styles of wheels on mine. The straight frame tube is more like the ones in the advertisement but has an odd motor plate going down to the axle bearing holder. Do all the welds look factory? I wouldn't worry about originalityfor now. Just get it stripped and mechanically sound. You can figure it out later. Can't go wrong with a black frame....

So I cut the file foot rest off. Now I need to find some one to make one for me. I think all the welds look original accept the seat brackets. I guess that my next step is to figure out why these wheels won't hold air. And figure out how to take this rear end apart.

You should be able to find someone who can bend you up a loop to weld back in there. Or just weld a single piece across like the Snowco's used