What's it worth?

Neck

Growing up is optional
A hypothetical question for the future, say, 30 years in the future (Because I won't be around to hear the answer)

You may be onto something Neck
Maybe set one aside as a time capsual lol
The problem in the future will be finding one that is bone stock unmodified lol

Neck

Growing up is optional
Seriously, the 11 year old kid that has one now, will be 41. And like us, he may want to relive his childhood.

Seriously, the 11 year old kid that has one now, will be 41. And like us, he may want to relive his childhood.
That applies to just about everything. Look at those toys we gave our kids in the 80's on ebay now.

Quick, take away the bike and store it! lol, dare ya! He can't ride it now anyway, with the chain off. :laugh:

Talk about living in a fairytale world! Here's how it will REALLY go. You buy a brand new bike; wrap and cover it lovingly; store it securely in an unused corner of the garage for the next 40 years and then you die. After which your old lady says; "finally I can get rid of that #$@%$ minibike" and puts it out on the front lawn with a for sale sign. She then sells it for $20.00 to some kid who immediately replaces the motor with a 2045 model of a clone...of a clone... of a clone with the governor removed and after painting it purple; proceeds to beat the s##t out of it. Ogy

you are probably right neck,but who would want to store one of these when you could store something that is already vintage in the same space:shrug:
i don't have enough room but the theory sounds correct
i could hear it now -barn find new in the box 2011 Chinese doodle bug ,all stock survivor, very rare ,hard to find.$25,000:laugh::laugh::laugh:
but with inflation factored in $25,000 will only be worth about $250 of today's money .so whats the point:shrug:

Talk about living in a fairytale world! Here's how it will REALLY go. You buy a brand new bike; wrap and cover it lovingly; store it securely in an unused corner of the garage for the next 40 years and then you die. After which your old lady says; "finally I can get rid of that #$@%$ minibike" and puts it out on the front lawn with a for sale sign. She then sells it for $20.00 to some kid who immediately replaces the motor with a 2045 model of a clone...of a clone... of a clone with the governor removed and after painting it purple; proceeds to beat the s##t out of it. Ogy
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
this scenario sounds correct also

It's already rare. An old style still wrapped in plastic. I know of another one sitting in a hallway by the restrooms of the northern tool in Melbourne. Has a paid in full receipt taped on it. I ask about it but they won't sell it.

A great investment will double every 5 years (15 percent compounded). So, $300 in 30 years = $19,200. Actually aren't some collectible minibikes closer to 40 years old? So, in that case make it $76,800.

Anyway, that's how Warren Buffet got rich, but sorry not with minibikes. :shrug:

Well...considering I will be the only minibiker left in 30 years...mainly cause lets face it...you fellas are waaaay old :laugh:. Anyways...It wont be worth much cause I will still hate :chinese::001_9898:

Itype2slo

More young people like doodlebugs eventually they will get older and nostalgic i'd say 20 years it will triple in price. my 2 cents

Rupp 72

for some reason i dont think they will obtain much value in the future because they aren't built with the same quality as the old ones. back in the day minibikes were expensive and were a big deal to have, like a 300 dollar rupp minibike back in the day could be worth 2k now, but a 400 dollar rupp motocross bike back in the day isn't worth a whole lot more than that. because rupp was one of the best minibike manufacturers but wasn't the best motocross bike. but the db's people have now are cheap and are just beat to crap. i don't think they will gain value because they don't start with any in the first place.