What's my model#?

I bought a MTD chipper/shredder and found out ID#'s on the pull start shroud on this 5hp Briggs are not for this engine. Could any of you out there possibly figure out around what model# might be for this engine, by looking at the two pics???
I sure appreciate any help! Thanks!

I Know its 1990s model because of that carb/choke linkage and the plastic gas cap and muffler. Does it have a starter cup pull start or the racketing ones that would get you closer to what year

I bought a MTD chipper/shredder and found out ID#'s on the pull start shroud on this 5hp Briggs are not for this engine. Could any of you out there possibly figure out around what model# might be for this engine, by looking at the two pics???
I sure appreciate any help! Thanks!
Just out of curiosity what ARE the Model, Type, and Code #'s posted on the shroud?
Michael

model# 130212 type 3250-01 code 92040627
I know it's the wrong shroud because I went to 2 dealers to get an oil seal for the crankshaft and both places had the same seal, but was the wrong seal for this engine.
Thanks.

model# 130212 type 3250-01 code 92040627
I know it's the wrong shroud because I went to 2 dealers to get an oil seal for the crankshaft and both places had the same seal, but was the wrong seal for this engine.
Thanks.
I believe that it is possible that the numbers you provided ARE correct for this engine! If you have not already done so, go to Partstree.com and enter your engine Model and Type #'s- sure looks alot like your engine!:shrug: You can also get the part # for the oil seal there. It is a great parts reference resource, and We ALWAYS do this any time we are in need of any engine parts before we ever order a part. It very well could be that the shops you went to either looked up the wrong part # or their parts manuals have an incorrect oil seal part #. Good luck and report back to us when you find out more.
Michael

Those are the rite numbers.. :lol:

What made ya think otherwise?? You can tell by looking at it that the cover belongs to either THAT engine, OR one exactly like it.. Very late 80's eraly 90's briggs 5 horse

Your engine is a standard bushing, WITH the 4 mounting stud holes... 13 cubic inch flathead...

13 cubic inches.... 5 horse

2 ONE 2 is standard bushing, 4 mounting holes..

2 ZERO 2 is standard bushing, minibike engine, no nothing, just a bushing and crank

92XXXXXX sounds exactly rite... Very early 90's....

:shrug:

Those are the rite numbers.. :lol:

What made ya think otherwise?? You can tell by looking at it that the cover belongs to either THAT engine, OR one exactly like it.. Very late 80's eraly 90's briggs 5 horse

Your engine is a standard bushing, WITH the 4 mounting stud holes... 13 cubic inch flathead...

13 cubic inches.... 5 horse

2 ONE 2 is standard bushing, 4 mounting holes..

2 ZERO 2 is standard bushing, minibike engine, no nothing, just a bushing and crank

92XXXXXX sounds exactly rite... Very early 90's....

:shrug:
I called Briggs n Stratton 4x and finally some Einstein gave me the new updated part# for the oil seal on the pto side. So next few days I'll get to a dealer and see what part they come up with.
Thankyou very much for the info!!!

OH!!! Is that what you need? :laugh: Yeahhhhhhhh you have a deal to do there..

It takes a standard briggs bushing crank oil seal, then that seal, presses into another outer ring piece, which makes the OD of the seal the rite size to fit the side cover..

WHY the :censure: they did that, I have no idea.. :laugh:

OH!!! Is that what you need? :laugh: Yeahhhhhhhh you have a deal to do there..

It takes a standard briggs bushing crank oil seal, then that seal, presses into another outer ring piece, which makes the OD of the seal the rite size to fit the side cover..

WHY the :censure: they did that, I have no idea.. :laugh:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a little confused about what you were explaining, but the oil seal that I got from Napa (after they took measurements of mine and looked it up)fit right in where the old one was. But I have to figure out why the Briggs dealers come up with this larger diameter seal. Hopefully this new updated part# will explain it all....when I get to a dealer. :eek:ut:
Thankyou!

I don't know what they had in mind.. I could probably get you a part number for that bushing thing.. But if you have a seal that just FITS, I would absolutely use that instead.. :laugh: Those ring things are a piece of crap..