whats the chances? (6.5 boxstock monster)

within the last month or so i put a 6.5 clone on my db30... whats the chances i got a "good one"?

what i mean by "good one" is this thing is fast... it out runs a buddy of mine with a new gx200 and another buddy with a modded 6.5 clone(14lb valve springs,no gov. and so on) on a baja heat...

one of my buddys(experienced mini bike guy) took it for a ride and after bringing it back asked me if i removed the gov. mind you this thing is stock(stock muffler,airbox/filter)!

and another side note i'm 350lbs and easily pulling away from them...

what gives? this is not a complaint just wondering...:shrug:

you can't really compare two totally different bikes with the same engine. gearing and tire size play a huge role in how fast a bike is.

very doubtful, but you should be able to tell whether your engine is governed or not by how it tops out. does it just go and go if you have a long strech of unobstructed road in front of you or does it reach its limit and automatically throttle back when it hits the top rpm?

it never stops pulling... im afraid to stay in it for to long... i just picked up a thunderbird with a "BLUE" 6.5 "HF" clone and i took it out a few min ago and hit the gov. without a problem... the db30 just keeps on pullin...

if anything, i'd guess you hooked up the throttle incorrectly so the governor is not working.

i used the search button like all you vets tell us to when we want answers... every post i looked at said to hook it up the same way...i even watched a few youtube videos on the same subject...

its hooked up correctly :thumbsup:

i used the search button like all you vets tell us to when we want answers... every post i looked at said to hook it up the same way...i even watched a few youtube videos on the same subject...

its hooked up correctly :thumbsup:
The governor may not be functioning from the factory.

Get a TACH for it and you'll know exactly how fast that engine is turning and if the governor isnt working expect it to pop catastrophically.

what is the governed limit....3600rpm's.:shrug: