Wheelie Bar!!!

I'm planning on fabricating a wheelie bar for my doodlebug DB30. I have access to a O/A torch and a welder. I am looking to build one that is fully adjustable from have fun up and down the street with the front tire in the air, then also be able to adjust it down to keep the back wheel loaded if I get crazy enough to build my bike to race. I was thinking steel tubing with a nut welded to the end and use threaded rod with a bracket on both ends to screw/unscrew to lengthen or shorten the top rail thus moving the wheelie bar wheel height up and down? Anybody have any suggestion on design or have any cool pictures to share for me to reference? I'm sure it will turn out to be trail and error but id rather have some of y'all give me a heads up with what I'm dealing with here. Maybe some math that I need to do with weight, CoG, length etc etc.?

I made mine using steel tubing and threaded rod, with nuts welded onto the ends of the tubing. I used LH and RH threaded rod, so that they would be double adjustable. I welded a large nut in the middle so that turning the nut will either raise or lower that side of the bar, there are two adjustment rods. Let me see if I have pictures.
Mine are race-only though, I'm afraid the adjustability wouldn't really be what you are looking for (dual purpose).

Oh wait I found a link to the thread:

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/tech-section/116289-wheelie-bars-question.html