Where did you buy you clone?

I got mine at Harbor Fieght. Paid $119.00 out the door with a 1yr warrenty. I informed the manager what I was planning on dooring with the motor & he said if I have any problems, put it back to stock condition if I have to return it and he will give me another one from off the shelf. No waiting, I couldn't go wrong :deal:

JustEnough

The yellow clone that I bought at Costco for $100 had no hole drilled in the gas tank fitting. I was able to get a replacement fitting sent under warranty, but that defect indicates terrible quality control, as far as I am concerned. :doah:

The yellow clone that I bought at Costco for $100 had no hole drilled in the gas tank fitting. I was able to get a replacement fitting sent under warranty, but that defect indicates terrible quality control, as far as I am concerned. :doah:
do they usually carry clones at that Costco? if so, which one is it exactly?

my parents live in Lincoln so it'd be easy enough to swing by there to pick one up when i visit them.

i want to pick up a 6.5 to use for now since i'm planning on modding my 5.5 pretty soon. the way i do things it will probably be in pieces for months.

Last edited:

the box stock project racing engine is slightly different then the harbor freight, costco, and pep boys clone engines.

the yellow "box stock racing engines" are imported by maxxis tire company, through their karting line. the only reason i know this i because my local kart shop owner sells tons of the box stocks and the harbor freight clones. and he told me he has to by the box stock engines from maxxis be cause they import them from china. the only reason that he carry's the harbor freight clones is because we use them at the road coars that i run at.

These are the “Yellow” engines. They are Basically the same as the Blue Clone engines except the Yellow Engines were imported for racing purposes and have more quality control checks at the assembly plant, as well as a better gasket kit than the Blue engines.

:thumbsup:

Last edited: