Wiki about Torque Converters

I was wondering about Torque Converters because I hear them mentioned a lot around here. I didn't want to seem too ignorant but really had no idea what one REALLY was. I thought the article was pretty informative, what do you guys think?

Maybe a couple of you can tell me what kind of experiences you have had with them on your minibike builds..

Motra

That article is about an entirely different type of torque converter than the type used for minibikes. The minibike type would be classified as more of a continuoulsy variable transmission (or CVT). It's a variable ratio transmission that operates on a minibike similar to an automatic transmission in a car. For more info wikipedia "continuoulsy variable transmission."

Wow Motra, thanks for the clarification. I am interested in both kinds of Torque converters now! What cool devices they both are. I'm familiar with CVT's in scooter applications, as well as in recent years, through NuVinci for bicycles. They're pretty darn cool. Didn't the ols Subaru Justy have a CVT transmission too? I think it did..