windage tray?

I saw on raceseng that the windage tray they sell is not to be used with the arc rod.

Soooo, what did is to be used with it? I've heard that they will increase rpm's by 200.

For what engine exactly? Is there a connecting rod they recommend (the cast one needs to be replaced before the governor is removed anyway)?

200 extra RPM's really isn't much unless you're building a really insane drag engine.

rmm727

You read it wrong, won't work with stock rod.

"Bolt in this windage tray to reduce oil aeration or foaming and oil sloshing in high speed cornering. Designed to fit the 160/200/212 Honda GX, Clone and Predator engines with stock and billet side covers and an ARC connecting rod. This part will NOT work in an engine using a stock connecting rod. The tray mounts in the low oil sensor location and is designed to also work along side the ARC stroker crank. Click on the video link to see the windage tray in action."

At high RPM these engines turn their oil into a froth.
It takes a a bit of effort to do that too.

Most of the time I don't think you would even notice you had a windage tray however.
It may even reduce the amount of oil splashed around at low rpm to a point where you could risk under lubrication of some parts ( but I can not be sure of that its just a hunch ).