Windber

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Windber again , no fun. I drove about 6 hours , rented a hotel room for 2 nights , pulled in to the reunion and was told that I would have to pay 50.00$ just to park. I was pulling an 8 foot U- haul. I declined, We walked around a little bit talked to a few people and left. I will not be returning, thanks. Did everyone enjoy the parade?

New police chief. No more parade. Everyone found out when they arrived.
We were pre paid to go but had problem after problem and figured wasn't meant to be.
Best part are the people you meet, look forward to the following year. Sucked for us by not making it.

Last edited:
You can no longer park at a camp site/grounds unless you're paying to stay. Too many dishonest people slipping through the cracks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to Windber again , no fun. I drove about 6 hours , rented a hotel room for 2 nights , pulled in to the reunion and was told that I would have to pay 50.00$ just to park. I was pulling an 8 foot U- haul. I declined, We walked around a little bit talked to a few people and left. I will not be returning, thanks. Did everyone enjoy the parade?
Yep that's windber all about the bottom line . And lining someone's pockets .

I have to disagree here. If anyone thinks that Jeff and family make money from this event, you need to hold you own event of this caliber and see. Trust me, I've done the math using a local facility to try and ha e my own. I can't put a price on sitting down with people I consider dear friends year after year and picking up where we left off. I almost didn't go out of frustration, but I'm so glad I could spend the better part of a day there. Seeing everyone come together is what it's about for me. I love the bikes and riding, but pulling up a chair with [MENTION=9618]Peekster[/MENTION] will make your day! I want the parade to comeback, but it's not like Jeff didn't fight for it?? There's a lot happening, and if you do t support this event, it will fall by the wayside like the rest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trinik7597

Well I am pissed off !!!! Washing layers of fun off my bikes and hanging out with good friends I have made over the years really sucks ....lol

What a great time.It dont matter if it rains or snows what a great group of people. Jeff will do anything for anyone at the show. I had a great time with some great guys and gals.Want to thank Rick Chatten for all the great food from the cheese state and a shout out to Phil1958 for all the laughs SOLID LINC

you drove six hours, paid for hotels, and then whined about $50 for admission???? WTF dude??

that makes absolutely no sense.

:hammer:

rick - you've got to be kidding. you are not paying for just parking. why aren't you bitching about
the dry towel you didn't use in the hotel that they charged you for????

lets run the math. at six hours drive one way you probably burned 4 gallons gas per hour. at $2 a
gallon you spent $96 on gas getting there and back home. two nights in any low rent roach motel in
the johnstown area is $80 a night. i know these things, i did it once.

so you spent $256 just getting there and paying for accommodations and you are fine with that.
factor in two days worth of bologna sandwiches with mayo on white bread for the two days
gets you up to $300. maybe.

you pull up to the winber gate hoping to get in free with the dodge caravan towing the RENTED
uhaul trailer chocked full of goodies to sell and the $50 price of admission is outrageous???

not trying to bust your stones here but the story has slightly more than a piquant odor to it.

No. I do feel that it should have been disclosed long before I bought tickets , not when I pull in and get suurprised with it, I felt like I was being forced at that point to pay . I don't do well being forced to do anything. In previous years I didn't have to pay to park.

Status
Not open for further replies.