Wiseco Piston Cylinder Wall Clearance

Hey after a super long couple year haitus from my go kart I decided with my buddy to start the rebuild of my predator and add some new parts. So I ordered the Wiseco piston set up from AGK (affordable go karts) comes with the ARC long rod designed so the piston can be a "drop in" however, we noticed initially the piston had tons of slop side to side. I used a micrometer and measured the cylinder walls and it is perfect at 2.755. The stock piston measured around 2.748, while the wiseco measured 2.735! The part number on the piston is the correct one for the "stock predator 212cc bore" doesn't seem like it though. Any ideas? Could wiseco have messed up and machined the piston incorrectly?

*update* I spoke with Hunter at ARC Racing in Georgia. Apparently the Wiseco Pistons have a large taper set in them from the factory to allow the aluminum to expand in the hottest area (the top.) So my piston is actually the correct one. Sort of went against my conventional thinking with engines but I have never dealt with anything other then stock pistons. Just FYI

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

You should be measuring the piston diameter at the bottom of the skirt 90 degrees from pin hole or if you don’t have measuring tools a feeler gauge between bottom of skirt and cylinder wall by placing piston upside down. Again 90 degrees to the wrist pin.

Last edited: