WTF paypal

I've been buying vintage video game stuff at garage sales lately then cleaning it up and selling on ebay well according to paypal a buyer paid with a stolen credit card and paypal froze my account and then gave a refund at my expense to the credit card company.

It was for 22 bucks but still its not my fault paypal accepted the credit card as payment and now I'm out a item and the money.

I have contacted paypal headquarters and hopefully they will return the 22 bucks.

Anyone else had this happen?

I've been buying vintage video game stuff at garage sales lately then cleaning it up and selling on ebay well according to paypal a buyer paid with a stolen credit card and paypal froze my account and then gave a refund at my expense to the credit card company.

It was for 22 bucks but still its not my fault paypal accepted the credit card as payment and now I'm out a item and the money.

I have contacted paypal headquarters and hopefully they will return the 22 bucks.

Anyone else had this happen?
No happened to me.
But I am aware of the statistics and it goes something like this.
A large precentage of fraud involvingon.ine purchases and credit cards are for items fraudulantly purchased in the USA for export to other countries.
In some cases this may even be for things on restricted import/export lists.

The Banks and credit card people will not be on the hook for it so they try and find a small business of private card/acount hpolder to take the rap for the costs....

Like I said never happened to me but a lot of fraud is done to buy things in other countries and stick it to a private person here.

Also:
We tend to use credit andd internet purchases more than in places where the profits of fraud are enjoyed.
That should tell you a lot about who the system is rigged and why it so hard to get your money back.

It can all be traced. If the account is in his name..they have it. It doesn't matter who's card it is. Stupid to penalize the seller in these cases. Did the guy have a low rating or many ratings? Or open a account with the stolen card?