yamaha chappy unknown everythingq

i just bought this yamaha chappy for 50 bucks but i know nothing about it haha i thought it was awesome thoujgh. it has peddles to peddle it and a shifter on the right side. it doesnt have a ignition right now but i can put it on. i thought it was kick start but its deffenitly not. well i dont think so. it is 4 stroke. i know nothing else. can someone help?

Good price for one, wrong Forum. There are forums out there that are moped/scooter specific, I would say join one of them. Not that I don't like them I own some. Just want to get you the help you will need.:thumbsup:

If you look in my photos, you'll see I have 2 of them. Think I paid $40 for the pair. I know nothing about them either. There are some parts out there for sale and a forum or 2 that will help you. Although I'm "Chappy Ignorant", it's not a problem. When I resto-mod and replace the 2 strokes on mine, I'll be happy. My cousin bought them for me. When I went to look at them, I thought they were ugly and stupid. I was kinda' obligated to take them though. Now after internet searches and looking at every picture I can find of customs, I like them. I affectionately refer to them as the "Chappy Twins". I look forward to getting them finished. They will still be recognizable as chappys, but thats about it. Here's a cool pic I found on the internet. This guy did a great job on my opinion. The Phillipines (I think-- but it's some Asian country) is a hotbed of custom Chappys. Later, Tim.

I suffer from an affliction called "2 stroke stupid". Nah, I'm just not fond of 2 strokes. Never have liked working on them. Not saying they are "bad", just prefer 4 strokes.:smile:

im just confused on why it has pedals. i found out its a 1982 yamaha LB50 chappy but now it has a kick start? or do i have to pedal it to start it like a moped?