Yerf Dog Spiderbox

Valocalrep

Hey guy i picked up a Yerf Doc Spiderbox 150cc a few weeks ago that needs some work, I plan to fix it ride it for a while then sell it for mini parts lol. Well we started to work on it yesterday and wanted to see if it would turn over, Put fresh gas in hooked a battery up and when we hit the fire switch it made a mean noise like a whining, The engine didnt turn over at all it was just a loud whine. Any suggestions?

trinik7597

i have a spider box ... electrical problems are common !! did the previous owner mess with the wiring at all ?? and the front ends had problems like missing or bad welds to the point where they were known to fall apart while driving . but get those issues worked out and they are great karts . the howitt is the best 150cc honda clone out there :thumbsup:

Valocalrep

Yes he messed with the wiring in MANY ways, like im not sure what either one of the switches below the steering wheel are supposed to do, we were test firing it by touching 2 wires together cuz the toggle they had installed was missing.

Yes he messed with the wiring in MANY ways, like im not sure what either one of the switches below the steering wheel are supposed to do, we were test firing it by touching 2 wires together cuz the toggle they had installed was missing.
one switch should toggle for on/off the other should be starter button

Valocalrep

Can someone email or text me some detailed pics of their wiring from the toggle and the switch to where they connect to. I think thats the issue I'm going to give in and tackle in the next few days. The wiring job he did is so horrible that km not sure what he had going on.

Valocalrep

Hoping to be able to work on this some beginning of next week. Going to find the size for switches so i can order better ones off ebay. hopefully we can figure out this wire mess. I wanan get it up and running so i can put some more work into it, Then ride it and sell to get all the parts we need for the project bikes.