Yet another problem with gx200

So i got my new billet rod and aluminum flywheel installed on my gx200 but as i reassemble the head on it and was setting lash i noticed my lock nuts on the rocker studs dont screw on very far now. I put the ss valve package from nr racing on my head so just standard size ss valves split keepers and retainers and 26lbs spring and a billet push rod guide. I put honda lash caps on both sides and when i set the lash on both sides theres very little of the rocker stud left to put my lock nuts on is the right?

It mite help if you used thiner lash caps,the hond lash caps are too thick and are not made to work well with the ss valves. See how the caps are resting on the keepers? Thats not really ideal.
Thinner lash caps will reduce the over all height of your valves, freeing up more of the rocker stud.

Those billet guide plates are made for 1.3 ratio rockers, the slot in that one is not (guiding) the push rods. Better to use your stock one.

One other thing, make sure your push rods are in the lifter and not resting on the side of the lifter.

Do you think if i take my honda lash caps and sand them down till there about half the height they'll be fine if i can get them smooth and even? That seems like the only thing it could be the rods are in right ill change the guide plate back to the stock one to

That would be a big pain in the a**. Spend the 10 bucks for the right ones.
If the valve train is not right,the motor will not live long at high rpm's.

ok so i switched back to stock guide plate and just temporarily took off the honda lash caps to see if it would give me more rocker stud to work with and it actually gave me less any ideas why this is? the only thing i could think of to fix it is to put washer under the studs to raise them up more. I dont know why theres less to work with now that i have ss valves there the same size and length as the stock ones.

Are you sure the new valve are the same length as the stock ones?
They do sell ones that are .25" longer at NR. Maybe they got them mixed up?
I know it's a pain, but if you take one out, measure from the top of the keeper grove to bottom of the valve, compair it to the stock one.

^ what he said. Next route would be shorter pushrods and keep the valves.
If he is runing a stock head, it could be milled down to help the valve issues and bump up compression :scooter:

I looked at my set up and I have about .25" of stud above the nuts... I know that did not sound right lol:scared:

So im still waitin on my thin lash caps to come in but in the mean time i put the billet guide back on my head then put my honda one on top of it so the rods are actually being guided and that raised my rocker studs up and when i put it all together i have more stud now to put the lock nut on. Should i try this set up. I still didnt pull a valve out to see if there the longer ones but im doubting it cause on nr its says there special order and take 2 to 3 weeks to be ready i had mine in a week