"Sorry But You Didnt Pay"

bandit 40

What if this would have been an orphanage or a nursing home:scared:, they should be ashamed :anon.sml:. If you were a firefighter and you responded to a fire and realized it was a friend or maybe even an older couple that didnt get around very good... are you gonna sit back and let it burn, hell no. then whats the difference????? :confused:

It's called paying your bills. no different then when they tow your car for unpaid tickets! Pay your damn bills And you wouldn't be crying when something like this happens..:thumbsup:

It's called paying your bills. no different then when they tow your car for unpaid tickets! Pay your damn bills or stop crying when something like this happens..:thumbsup:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, you're just wrong here!
towing your car compared to someone letting you lose everything you own (and maybe your life) and refusing to help when it's your job????
Something in the system or life is very wrong.

bandit 40

It's called paying your bills. no different then when they tow your car for unpaid tickets! Pay your damn bills And you wouldn't be crying when something like this happens..:thumbsup:
Wow....:shrug:Ok if this was your family or friends place would you think that still?? Considering none of us know what these people's financial problems are...they are still human beings ,and Im sure have paid taxes in there lifetime ,but man really:eek:ut: You get your car towed...and you pay to" Get It Back" your life or maybe your belonging.........you cant get back.

Last edited:

buckeye

Collect the bill later. What moron made that call. Hey Bills house is on fire. Hell he don't pay his bill, we'll just watch er burn.

TomH

Yeah what a coinkidink, I got my bill in the mail today
84$ for house or mobile home
500$ for first hour if not paid up
100$ per truck per hour until scene is cleared
200$ auto fire
$200 extrication from vehicle
controlled burns that get out of control will be charged non member rate.

A few years ago it was 250$ for a fire if you are a non member.
was 800$ bucks for a fire hydrant
now it is 1500$
its blackmail because you have to have it. Insurance requires it. This bunch isn't even close to the top level of fire protection, so the insurance co charges more..I had a shed burn and the wife said they just watched it burn, and then it spread 150 feet down hill and burned the side of my boat and trailer, I could have put that out with a garden hose. I was not impressed.:hammer:

I read a lot of negative comments.

First have you ever done something at work that costs the company a lot of money but you were not suposed to do?
did you get in trouble?

Well if he did not pay for fire service then he was not covered.

We expect utilities and public service to be perfect.
We get less than perfection and blame the workers and goverment.

As I understand it there are cities inthe USA that are for all intensive purposes bankrupt.
So this is going to happen more and more.

Don't blame the workers.....

This might happen anywhere.

If I answered the phone and found out the caller did not have fire protection would I have sent a truck out?
In the current climate I would expect someone try and fire me for being a lazy public servent unworthy of a job with a pension and bennifits who is wasting more of the publics meager money.

Makes you think doesn't?
You get what you pay for in so many more ways than people ever realy consider.

Take me I Pay double the tax you yanks in the same income bracket do.
DO I get fair value for my money?
I guess it depends on what is fair to the individual.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, you're just wrong here!
towing your car compared to someone letting you lose everything you own (and maybe your life) and refusing to help when it's your job????
Something in the system or life is very wrong.

If they would have paid the $75.00 then they wouldn't have lost everything.. Why is it the City's fault if you Choose not to pay your bill?..Bet they didn't have home owners either. so lets give them a new home because they are not responsible. this is why this country is in the shape it's in today. to many feel they are entitled. Lets all stand in line for Govment Freebies! then get's us a free new house cause we spents all our money on crack & beer and cigs..they owe it to us!

Its bureaucracy at its finest.

I didnt see the latest story so I dont know if its the same one I heard about a few years ago ar not.

Actually until you understand the WHY of it it doesnt make any sense at all and after you DO understand you'll still sit there in puzzlement as to how that BS even got started in the first place.

Basically where I live we pay for fire service in our taxes and that type of thing would never happen here.
Ohh they may let it burn for other reasons but not because I didnt pay for the SERVICE.

This seems to happen when a neighboring city/township has fire service provided and they allow people to pay for the service but like insurance you cant pay only when you need it.

If I lived out in the middle of nowhere and a fire started I wouldnt be standing there waiting for help I'd attack it until its out or a lost cause.

TomH

Well, they showed up at my house for the shed fire. Didn't have any water in the tank truck to fight it with, went down to the lake and filled up the truck, came back and watched it burn to the ground. Wife had to tell them that the fire had run down the hill and was burning my boat and trailer. Charged me $250 bucks. I installed three outside hydrants 1 1/2" line with plenty of hose, and they can go pound sand.

This thread is going no place fast but........

What ever happened to helping people for the good of it in general??
I don't believe in handouts at all but isn't it cheaper to put out a fire and save a family than supporting them on welfare and so on later? by like a lot?

I for one DO believe in paying my bills, I haven't ever got a thing for free and do not expect to. But I would never watch someone lose everything without helping, that's just how I was raised. I give to those who are less fortunate than me, and I am happy with myself, at the end of the day I can look in mirror and be satisfied!
Guess that's why when you see an accident half the people will stop to help and the other half drive by and just gawk.

Get involved in life, it's a participation sport!!!!!

Last edited:

bandit 40

Well said James:thumbsup: I never meant at all for this thread to turn into a feeling sorry for someone or it being about government handouts, I'm also a giving person and would help anyone under certain conditions only, that were capable of helping there self but just down on there luck. :thumbsup:

Same here I will help anyone, But responsible people pay their bills. if you can't afford 75.00 for fire insurance you shouldn't Expect the fire department to put out your house fire.

If my neighbors house caught on fire i would be the first one there with a hose to try & help. but if he didn't pay his insurance I'm not going to help him rebuild it.. he took the chance and he lost!.. I wonder what the responses on here would be if it was the same situation, but it was a multi million Dollar house nstead of a trailer?..

What ever happened to helping people for the good of it in general??
I don't believe in handouts at all but isn't it cheaper to put out a fire and save a family than supporting them on welfare and so on later? by like a lot?

I for one DO believe in paying my bills, I haven't ever got a thing for free and do not expect to. But I would never watch someone lose everything without helping, that's just how I was raised. I give to those who are less fortunate than me, and I am happy with myself, at the end of the day I can look in mirror and be satisfied!
Guess that's why when you see an accident half the people will stop to help and the other half drive by and just gawk.

Get involved in life, it's a participation sport!!!!!

bandit 40

Even if they did pay...that does not mean that the fire department would have got there in time and saved there belongings, But the fact that there could have been a loss of life :scared: is truly sad.... for the simple fact that they didn't pay .That supposed to make it ok to let it burn down :no:... And yes it was already mentioned they could have billed them . Im sure they would have rather owed them and preyed some things were saved. I would have also helped because its only human:thumbsup: Truly unfortunate.

To add how I realy feel and put my anger into words.

To explain my disgust with greed, apathy, coruption, criminals.....

A failed political system.
Sociopathic corperations.
Lazy self serving upper classes.
Coruption.
Consumerism.
Greed.

If I put all those things I feel angry about into words.
I would gta knock on the door from the police because of threatoning letters and trying to insight riot.

You see a house burn down I see a society with much larger issues.

But there is nothing I can realy do or say.

On that black day I decide to stop typing and ranting and do something that will be the day a lot of people step outside and demand we get put back on the right track to a world where people come first.

So who will go first?
I am not angry enough yet to be a instagator.