VINTAGE Racing Go Karts

KK, I might be at cuddleback, one of my neighbors races there. Hes is always bugging to go with him. And yes im jealous of those karts, my wife is gonna kill me when I bring one home:cursing:

"Skinner Back Jac" :thumbsup:

Sent me this photo of a 1967 Margay kart.... It's a bad wammer jammer for sure....

BC1500 DAVE :thumbsup:

old AP news wire photo....click on the yellow bar to enlarge the photo....

..anybody recognize the kart...?..... man he tore the whole front end off it.....:doah:

I wonder where ol' Kurt is today...?

Last edited:
Here's a vid and some pics from the weekend in Tacoma. Most of the video is my girls and I. The red suit is my 17 year old, blue is my 15 year old, the tan Carhart jacket is me. My kart is the blue Bug Sprint with the Mc91. 17 year old has the Rupp with twin Mc6's, 15 year old drives the Blitz with twin Clinton E-65s and the red Percival with the Mc30. By the end of the second day there was nothing I could do to keep up with the 17 year old on the Rupp twin. If I started ahead of her, she would quickly pass me and steadily open the gap..

The Franzen Bunch at Tacoma - YouTube

I sure wanted to go the the event but I was dog sitting until late Friday. The camera work is great I did love to see the spin-out Mark and it's on tape forever. The girls are really into this Karting and I look forward to Medford's event.
Steve :scooter:

I see you snuck a mini-bike in the trailer...:detective:
Hah...tricked ya.....if you are referring to the photos, that's the starter cart for the karts. You might have caught a glimpse of the Flexo in the video because I did take it. It either sat in the trailer or right up by the fence and watched all weekend.

Here is one with it sitting in the trailer.

The three karts sure qualified as proper vintage machines with the box stock cast exhaust systems and the Horstman Rev-grip clutches. A lot of work today to put together such nice running engines. A team effort
Steve :scooter: