Mickey Thompson minibike?

I believe the mickeys came with Generals from the factory. Mine did,
I don't think there was any factory at first, that might be why not many of them show up. He sold the tooling to KOL. The Goodyear tires are what came on the mini bikes like I have. M/T was hooked up with some manufactures. There might be a way to date those innner tubes, I don't know the codes.

I went through every thread on the Mickey Bikes. There is something that says 1968 is when KOL started making them. It's hard to tell from some of the pictures but most of them look like the Goodyear tires were on them.

In this ad (1967) shows an early Mickey bike like mine, i got pic from Injuntom but i also now own an Original ad. I beleive the generals are original. My bike came with original paint original rubber on the scrub brake and original hand grips, foot pegs and original throttle cable, yes i can only assume the tires are original but the chances are veryyy likely. The Mickey bike that was at auction has the same front general tire also. There is one other pic of a all gray mickey bike with generals also.

It looks like that Mickey Bike that was at the auction had some work done to it. Someone with some real bad taste painted the chain guard green. :biggrin: The only thing I am missing from that M/T catalog cover is the aluminum rods. I have the vintage headers with the M/T caps, valve covers, wheels and caps. M/T made some one of parts for himself. There was magnesium wheels that only he had and the Hemi heads for his Thunderbolt with a FE engine.

Check out this link
RM Auctions
copy and put it in the header, That ugly bike ,that i think is badass was Ohio George Montgomery pit bike. (Cool in my book) Well, i think believe my tires are correct for my bike as well as all of the rest of the rubber and original paint. So, i want to see these special tires that goodyear made special for the Mickey bikes. Do they have M/T on them??

I've got pics of 4 other original looking bikes I've collected over the years and same tires.

The couple pics of the very early bikes like Willie's seem to have the other tire...maybe because the Hands wheels are so wide.

Actaully, you didn't exactly get that from me directly. The one you got from me was a scan of my original I got off ebay.

The shown here with the frame around it is an image I got off ebay years ago and sent to Jay at minidoodle to get posted up. It's been passed around for years.

My original is dated march 1967 and the bike on the front matches your early bike. We also all know that the frame style very well could have changed before the catalog was printed. Many of the Tacos, Lil Indians, etc don't match the brochures either.

What date does your ad have if any?

Thanks for all of the pics, my original ad is 1967 also. I came across a 3hp the other day that had some of the king o lawn decal across the front. I didnt grab it tho. I took a look at my badge yesterday and was able to carefully clean some of the cloudy spot on it (i looks like there may have been a sticker on it at some point) and it doesnt say long beach or JDE on the bottom of the badge and is also doesnt have a serial #?

Check out this link
RM Auctions
copy and put it in the header, That ugly bike ,that i think is badass was Ohio George Montgomery pit bike. (Cool in my book) Well, i think believe my tires are correct for my bike as well as all of the rest of the rubber and original paint. So, i want to see these special tires that goodyear made special for the Mickey bikes. Do they have M/T on them??
I didn't say the Ohio George bike was ugly, I said the green chain guard was done in bad taste. I also said the M/T Challenger had tires made special by Goodyear, not the mini bikes. I don't have a clue what is right and wrong, nobody else seems to know either. I do know I have had my Mickey Bike before any info was ever put on the internet.

I didn't say the Ohio George bike was ugly, I said the green chain guard was done in bad taste. I also said the M/T Challenger had tires made special by Goodyear, not the mini bikes. I don't have a clue what is right and wrong, nobody else seems to know either. I do know I have had my Mickey Bike before any info was ever put on the internet.
AGREED lol.

I do know I have had my Mickey Bike before any info was ever put on the internet.
Yours is the first one I ever saw, but did know of a Mickey Bike. I didn't know until I saw yours that "Mickey" was Mickey Thompson. That was around 2005 or so?

I remember when yours "had my name on it" but you didn't want to mess with shipping "until after the first of the year" 5 years ago or so LOL

Hounddog

Hey Mickey Bike, You have one of the best, early original Mickey Thompson minibikes anywhere! You should keep it for yourself and enjoy it! You have a great collection of vintage cars, mickey bike, trailers etc....and should remain together...Just my opinion...:thumbsup:

Keep the pictures coming as you finish your build!

HD