Lll Indy

The Briggs has just the right amount of crust on it :laugh: It runs good but need a new recoil ratchet thingy :confused: It engaged while it was running and pulled the cord tighter than a bulls arse :hammer:

Attachments

A engine to make it pull, a seat to set your but on... just throw some wheels on it.. and ride it like you stole it !:laugh: Glad you're going to finish it . :thumbsup:

A engine to make it pull, a seat to set your but on... just throw some wheels on it.. and ride it like you stole it !:laugh: Glad you're going to finish it . :thumbsup:
I have all the major components now so no excuses :drinkup: Hey Eric can those ratchets be rebuilt for the recoil, not sure if that's the proper name.

Yea Nate, pull rope assembly ? Or the part on the flywheel ? Either way they both can be fixed more than likely.
The part on the flywheel with that the recoil slides onto. When I got the engine to run it made a terrible grinding and clunking noise so I shut it down. When I went to pull the rope it pull tight and I can't pull start it. So I took the recoil apart and redid the rope which was a pain. I started the motor and it happened again :hammer:

I just watched a video on YouTube and there isn't much to it. I'll have to take mine apart and see if it just needs cleaned. Thanks, Nate

I'm thinking about running these steel wheels that I bought. I was told they are NOS from the early 70's but I'm not sure if they are correct Lil Indian wheels. I'm gonna use the tires on the red bike I have, by the way is out getting PC. I told the guy I wanted dark red metallic and he suggested candy apple :smile:

Attachments

The wheels are NOS and had some nice double head Indian Carlisle tires mounted. I took the tires off and cleaned up the inside of the rims because they were rusty. I made new gaskets and mounted some 10.5 x 4.50 - 4 tires, they're bald but they'll have to do for now.

I have to make some spacers for the rear wheel and sprocket.

Attachments

Nice progress. Looking good.:thumbsup:
Thanks Karen, I'm trying to do something every night even if its only for 30 minutes.
LOoking Good Nate...keep it Up ! :thumbsup:
Thanks Eric, I gotta find some material this week to make spacers for the rear tire and sprocket. 5/8" bolt and 3/8" bolts, what do you use. I was hoping to find something at the hardware store that will work as I'm tired of paying shipping.