Recent content by Baja Booger

1. B

Open Class: Clayon's DB30 Redo....again

I am more of a Massey guy myself but at least it's red and not that awful green colour some people seem to love :out: You've got my vote!!
  2. B

Disk Brake on Jackshaft

I know this is an old thread, but I'd like to investigate this more. If this setup was done on a bike with no rear suspension and the chain from the jack shaft to the rear sprocket was on the tighter side, the chain should never pop off. Do you agree?
  3. B

Unplug spark plug?

I was putting a new air filter on my lawnmower and noticed the new filter said to disconnect the spark plug before changing the filter. I know that it doesn't matter in te slightest wether you do it or not. But what is the theory behind this? Again, I have no concerns about this, just want to...
  4. B

1972 dmp

The clone actually fits very well, I know it's a little taboo to use the clone in an old canadian bike, but I'm going to use it because my other build is goin to have a clone in it and parts are just so cheap and easy to get for them that I'm stickin with the clone. Just trying to decide now...
  5. B

1972 dmp

I'm not sure i read it right but I looked at the 340 and it uses an asymmetrical belt and the 330 uses a symmetrical belt. I'm thinking to save some money by just putting a spare cintrifugal clutch that I have on it taking out the Salsbury driven clutch and putting another sprocket in its...
  6. B

Comet series 20 or salsbery 330 driver 3/4 bore.

Title says it all, must be willing to ship to canada! Thanks
  7. B

1972 dmp

Here is my newest project. Just brought it home. It's been powder coated and the front fork has been rebuilt. It needs all new bearings a motor and I front brake caliper. Super excited to get riding on it! My other project (a complete build from scratch) is taking way too long to finish. I'd...
  8. B

Help with 1" Twist Throttle

I've bought 2 sets of th OldMiniBikes 1" English made ones and neither have a spring return. neither turn well freely is this normal Or I did I get bad ones? I figured I would just fart about to make them twist better ad hoped that the heavier spring I've put on the motor end would pull it back...
  9. B

Discounted torque converter's

The real torque a verter from princess auto is on sale right now.
  10. B

Tube from valve housing to carburetor.

A. Couldn't this lhbrication issue be solved by just running a little richer? B. how much heavy oily air are you really going to be sucking through a small hose that more than likely has kinks (not completely kinked off but enough to restrict air flow) when you have a great big hole that can...
  11. B

homemade parts

I don't have a drawing or a diagram but there is nothing too it. The basic OldMiniBikes ones are just a rectangular shaped piece of sheet steel/aluminum bent in 2 places. You just need to measure the hole spacing with the clutch off. Drill the holes and then make 2 bends over a vise if you don't have a...
  12. B

Inexperienced with clones.

It was running lean, drilled out the jet, put my uni filter on and everything is good! Thanks, :scooter:
  13. B

Need help on 6.5hp clone modifications!

Higher flowing air filter kit, with re jetting about $40 for the air filter and adapter and about $4 for a #90 jet. Then machining the head down about .050 for more compression. Not 100% sure but after the rod, flywheel, springs, air filter and header, comes a different carb then cam and...
  14. B

I was guessing maybe moly push rods, but I think this is a little backwards What do you wish to gain by getting better push rods? Absolutely no performance value that's for sure. Now... A billet fly wheel, that will make a much bigger difference.
  15. B

Ooooooo someone didn't read the thread at the top that says PLEASE READ. If you remove the govoner it is required that you use a billet con rod and a billet flywheel, or we can't talk to you. It is for your safety. Welcome by the way. :thumbsup: