Recent content by ben2go

1. B

RailRoad Go-Karts?

A lot of R/R tracks are being closed around me. I stumbled upon these railroad go-karts. What do you guys think about them? Pretty interesting. Some are light, dead nuts simple, and break down for transport. While others are a bit more elobrate. Most seem to be set up like the old yard karts...
  2. B

212cc clone mounting question.

I'm thinking it will be around 15 to 20 degrees.I have a 3.5 flattie, but I'm not sure if it's worth trying to rebuild and use.
  3. B

212cc clone mounting question.

Will there be any problems mounting, and running, a 212 Predator with a forward lean like the old B&S and Tecumseh engines?
  4. B

Here are my minis with pics & questions.(56K unfriendly)

3? I started this thread back in April '08.Almost eight years. :thumbsup:
  5. B

Awesome! Thank you so much for that bit of info.It seems my bike is missing a few things.Off to visit ebay.
  6. B

Bumping my thread.My youngest son and his mom have taken an interest in my minis.I'm trying to find out more about the mini in the pic I quoted.It looks like at least the kit mini will get finished,and hopefully the unknown mini in my quoted post. I have seen flat head B&S and Tecumseh engine...
  7. B

Snow Bike Build

I'm digging it.Great project.
  8. B

GX440 Clones Are Here!

Will the 500cc engine builds have an rpm limit like a governed engine?I'd be interested in one with an 8000 rpm limit.
  9. B

Another Centaur raises it's head

That's a little to forward,don't ya think? :1orglaugh:
  10. B

As long as the port is behind the butterflies,it will work.If they are on the air filter side,the vacuum pulses will be erratic.Learned that one the hard way.:thumbsup:
  11. B

Have you balanced/sync'd the carbs?I use a cheap o homebuilt manometer to balance/sync my moto carbs.There's plenty of vids on YouTube on how to balance dual carbs. Homemade Carb Sync tool
  12. B

Bonding Brake Shoe Linings

Good to hear you are ok after that surgery. I lost my medical due to a back and shoulder injury.I was in the middle of flight training to be a commercial pilot.The company I was working for need charter pilots,fairy pilots,and cargo pilots.I was also in talks with a company about doing...
  13. B

You're welcome.I hope it helps some of the other forum members that are just getting in on the small engine vehicle craze.Seems like it died off in the late 80's and picked back up in the early 00's.:shrug:
  14. B

What brakes should i get for my bike?

Are you trying to run a brake on the sprocket or a separate disc?Also,are you using a hand lever or foot brake? You should be able to find something here. Brakes & Accessories for Go Karts, Racing Karts, & Mini Bikes | Go Kart Parts & Mini Bike Parts | BMI Karts & Supplies | Engines | Frames |...
  15. B

Well,I wanna put my spin on this toooooo. :lol: I haven't done linings in close to 15 years so names may have changed.I used the same process as everyone else.I made a hardwood jig to press the lining brake shoe assembly into.I laid wax paper in there to stop it from being glued to the wood...